Hello,

ok, so if you wanted to get contacted 24/7 or if you wanted to say call/text/or email anytime.....

(I do real estate in NYC, and I night I put my curve on silent....so I can see call logs and text messages)

so, would you say.....

----------call me on my blackberry

or is it ok to say ....

---------call me on my berry

does that sound right>?

call me

text me

email me

contact me

on my Berry?

discuss.................

big al
    01-30-09 11:44 PM
    Are you serious?

How about my phone.
    01-30-09 11:52 PM
    Lol I would stick with phone as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 02:13 AM
    Professionally, or with strangers or people you don't know too well, I would probably go with "phone". Otherwise, I hear "berry", "blackberry", and "crackberry" way more often in other settings.
    01-31-09 02:53 AM
    Yeah I don't think it's necessary to refer to our phones by name.

You think the "others" say, "call me on my iPhone"? Haha, I doubt it.

Or...

Call me on my sidekick.

Call me on my Razr.

Call me on my Blackjack.

haha, I don't think so.
    01-31-09 03:42 AM
    Ya I think the only reason at all to even specify it being a cell or home phone is the actual phone number. So ya know what number to call. For some reason I do find my self saying it though..... Call me or Text, Email, PIn, BBM, IM on yahoo, MSN, Aim
    and gtalk... Is when I'm on PC talking to someone else on their PC I know weird huh.

But mostly I just say call me, text me, email me... That's it, not a certain phone

01-31-09 04:56 AM
    I think it will depend on the age group your dealing with. Teenagers and young adults tend to be more materialistic so they will want to boast about their phone brands and types.

More mature people (like myself (:P) ) are confident in what we carry. I just whip it out and let it speak for itself.

Lol, I just say call me or send me a text.

01-31-09 05:54 AM
    How about just "call me?"
    01-31-09 06:08 AM
    Are you serious?

How about my phone.

Welp, if you are giving them a number/email what does it matter to add what type of phone you have? Do you think your client cares what phone you have? I'm sure they only care about ur replying to email or picking up their call.
    01-31-09 06:38 AM
    Call me on my CELL phone. Who cares what type of phone u have! I'm sure they don't care, and won't be impressed.

01-31-09 07:43 AM
    on occasion i'll say email me... i've got a bb so i'll get it instantly. but thats only if i'm avoiding talking to them but need some information lol
    01-31-09 07:52 AM
    on occasion i'll say email me... i've got a bb so i'll get it instantly. but thats only if i'm avoiding talking to them but need some information lol
    I do that too, but only when they are sending me documents or something. That way they know I will respond as soon as they send it and understand I don't personally sit at my computer 24/7.

Most often I say "call my cellphone" - but for people that use numerous phones (I know a few) they say "call me on (blank)" so I know which phone they want to be called on or are carrying at the time.
    01-31-09 08:06 AM
    Remember, you don't want to be defined as George Carlins' definition of PC. Pretentious C***sucker!

01-31-09 08:27 AM
    Well, I don't know about you guys (or even you, surfbug), but I used to take it to another level. Instead of referring to my phone by type or brand, I was even more specific and referred to it by whatever name I had given it.

This DOES have its problems, however. First off, I tend to change its name every once in a while. People always get confused and ask me if I bought a new phone so I have to make up some new excuse every time. Word on the street is my phone has a recurring identity crisis. I always hate doing that to my precious, but the way I see it.. I think I can take advantage of the fact that it can only understand baby talk.

The other big problem is the grammar of the sentence. This has always bugged me. How do you phrase it? Most people would say, "Call me." Some say, "Call my cellphone," or, "Call me on my cellphone." But take the name of my BlackBerry right now: River. It sounds silly to say, "Call my River," or, "Call me on my River." Trust me, I've tried it and all I get are confused stares.

Another option might be to say, "Call me through River," or, "Call me through my River." Those don't seem to work very well either with the general population. I know what you're thinking at this point: that I should just be as clear as I can and say, "Call me on my cellphone, River." I think this may be a bit too... superfluous. I mean, phrasing it that way sounds the best, but the stares I get are even weirder! I guess it's just too complicated for most people.

These days I just say, "Call my cellphone."
    01-31-09 08:42 AM
    "Call me" - I'd sound pretentious otherwise.
    01-31-09 08:56 AM
    Dumbest thread ever. Can we plus put up nominations for threads like these?

01-31-09 10:58 AM
    Whatever happened to just "Call me back"
    01-31-09 11:03 AM
    Just say you are available 24/7 on your cell phone. I when people make a big deal about what they use. It feels like highschool.

01-31-09 11:05 AM
    Reminds me of my co worker who had to let every single person know he had an Iphone in his voicemail greeting lol.
    01-31-09 11:10 AM
    The nature of customer relations in the 21st century is two-fold...

1 Do business on the customer's terms.
    2 Always be available.

It should be transparent to your customer HOW your contacted. That's part of the beauty of the BB - no matter when or where or how, you're always connected and available.

Empower your customers by enabling them to dictate the method of communication. Then, whatever they choose - it's OK.

01-31-09 11:20 AM
    I would say you can contact me on my mobile 24/7. I deal with overseas business men/woman a lot so I got used to saying "you can contact me via my mobile anytime"
    01-31-09 12:47 PM
    Y'all know? It seems to be different when you own a BlackBerry. At my job we have a lot of business people call in and when we ask for certain info, they'll say, "Let me look it up on my BlackBerry." I think that if they had another phone they would say, "Let me get it from my phone." It's as if having a BlackBerry means you have a certain status...I don't know...
    01-31-09 12:57 PM
    Nothin' is cooler than saying "hit me on my celly, yo!" And then giving a sexy, 1970's free love type knowing wink. I recommend you roll that way

01-31-09 01:02 PM
    I will say I am looking up something on my blackberry, but I am not advertising to everyone "look at me, I own a BB." It is one thing to say it to a co-worker, it is another thing to say it to a client.
    01-31-09 01:02 PM
    Hello,

ok, so if you wanted to get contacted 24/7 or if you wanted to say call/text/or email anytime.....

(I do real estate in NYC, and I night I put my curve on silent....so I can see call logs and text messages)

so, would you say.....

big al
    Howdy Big Al

Well since you gave them the number(s), email address or txt ID, they will know that to contact you, they are to use the info you gave them.

So you just say... "Call me at this number, email me at this address, or send me a text to this ID." When you do this, they know that the contact info you gave them, is the best way to contact you 24/7. Now your only problem will be, will you actually answer their calls or respond to their messages/email/txt 24/7?

I have a friend that has a second phone, just for such calls, so that when that phone rings, he knows it's important, and that only money is calling that phone. He also does not give out his 24/7 contact number/email to anyone that does not need his 24/7 attention. Everyone else gets his normal business line or personal line.

So hopefully you only give people that need to contact you 24/7 the number(s) and other contact info that really need your 24/7 attention.
    01-31-09 01:31 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD