Newbie Alert

Under the Call Logging options (Show these call log types in message list) I have it set to NONE, yet when I miss a call I still get a notice in the message list. I really don't need to be told twice that I missed a call... on the home screen and then a message (and a 3rd one if they left a voice mail).

Maybe I am not understanding what Call Logging is
    05-26-09 05:14 PM
    Trying to register for the fourms from my blackberry was a pain lol.

Anywyas, are you refering to a text message you get when you miss a call? If so I get the same thing and its because of a service I have with my provider. I don't like mine either but because its part of the package I am on I can't remove it. I hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 05:43 PM
    On Rogers Wireless it's called "Who Called" but I specifically asked for that to be removed... maybe they didn't?

On further thought, I don't think the message was saying I missed a call but rather that I had a voice mail. I'll have to call myself and verify that.
    Last edited by jabohn; 05-26-09 at 05:54 PM.
    05-26-09 05:52 PM
    I have rogers as well. I know the missed call thing is a rogers feature. I am not positive about the voicemail but I assume that is rogers as well as it comes in the form as a txt message

05-26-09 06:04 PM
    I wasn't able to remove it because of the package I have. I could pay for the features seperatly to avoid having this feature but its cheaper to bundle it and deal with it
    I mention this incase you have a similar bundle in which case they can't remove it(at least that's what they say . )
    Last edited by Mythico; 05-26-09 at 06:09 PM.
    05-26-09 06:07 PM
    I don't see why they can't remove Who Called. I haven't come across a Rep who won't remove it. In fact, they all laugh when I ask to remove it.

Anyway, I confirmed that the message is that I have a voicemail. So I get an icon on my home screen saying I missed a call, an icon that I have a voicemail, and a message in my inbox that I have a voicemail. Don't really need that last one!
    Last edited by jabohn; 05-26-09 at 08:29 PM.
    05-26-09 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD