So I have been running Windows Vista with Windows Calender for a long time and I have loved it. Syncs great with my BB 9700 and Blackberry Desktop, but my computer crashed and I upgraded to Windows 7, which got ride of Windows Calender... not sure why, but they did. I am looking for a new program that can show my calender on my desktop and sync with my BB 9700 via BB Desktop. I do not have a data plan for my phone nor am I planning on getting one. I really just use the calender function on it. I do use windows live (w/hotmail account) on my desktop and I am wondering if its possible to sync BB desktop with Windows Live Calender, but I think not.

Anyways if there is some non-online desktop calender program that works with Blackberry Desktop that would be awesome.

Thank you for the assistance.
    11-17-12 08:00 PM
    MS Outlook has a calendar function and syncs perfectly with BB DM. There might also be a way to sync with windows live calendar but I'm not sure.
    11-17-12 08:06 PM
    Yea I was hoping for Live since I am pretty sure outlook isnt free haha
    11-17-12 08:31 PM
    I did see Yahoo as a option for syncing the calendar on BBDM. Even though I use Yahoo for my personal e-mail, I have never used their calendar. If you want to go free, it may be worth investigating.
    11-18-12 07:10 AM
    I'd also like to get some sort of solution for this. Microsoft Outlook ain't actually a cheap or decent priced option for an individual person who likes to have a calendar. There is Mozilla Thunderbird with Lightning Calendar add-on, however we can't sync with that.
    11-18-12 08:15 AM
    I'd also like to get some sort of solution for this. Microsoft Outlook ain't actually a cheap or decent priced option for an individual person who likes to have a calendar. There is Mozilla Thunderbird with Lightning Calendar add-on, however we can't sync with that.
    I actually sync calendar and contacts with Thunderbird/Lightning by linking everything with my Google account. I use Zindus to sync contacts.
    11-18-12 03:25 PM
    Ain't there any possible way to sync a calendar today without having to use Google?
    11-18-12 09:42 PM
    Yes there is, through BB native e-mail (with a gmail account).

HOWEVER, I do not have a data plan so I am trying to find a desktop calender software that I can us BB Desktop to sync with? Any ideas? If yahoo is the only answer I guess that is better than nothing, but I really would like to edit it without going online.
    11-19-12 10:18 AM
    So is there anyway I can sync my calender with a desktop program without a data plan?
    12-01-12 10:16 PM
    Yes there is. Use Outlook on your desktop and sync using Desktop Manager and a USB cable.

- R.
    12-02-12 12:39 AM
    Outlook is not free though... correct? Is there any free versions out there that BB can sync with?
    12-02-12 12:53 AM
    it would seem like there isn't. best advice? get the latest office. they have a promotion where you buy now and you get the next version free. other than outlook, I'm afraid we dont get other pc syncing options...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    12-02-12 01:33 AM
    Is Outlook Express still out there? Does it have a calendar?
    12-02-12 01:36 AM
    No, Microsoft has buried Outlook Express with the release of Windows Vista. Only way seems to be Outlook, however it is rather expensive if one just would like to use it as a calendar. Thunderbird with Lightning would be the free alternative, but it can't sync with BB
    12-02-12 10:07 AM
    So I have been running Windows Vista with Windows Calender for a long time and I have loved it. Syncs great with my BB 9700 and Blackberry Desktop, but my computer crashed and I upgraded to Windows 7, which got ride of Windows Calender... not sure why, but they did. I am looking for a new program that can show my calender on my desktop and sync with my BB 9700 via BB Desktop. I do not have a data plan for my phone nor am I planning on getting one. I really just use the calender function on it. I do use windows live (w/hotmail account) on my desktop and I am wondering if its possible to sync BB desktop with Windows Live Calender, but I think not.

Anyways if there is some non-online desktop calender program that works with Blackberry Desktop that would be awesome.

Thank you for the assistance.
    I have my phone sync my Google calendar, which has several other calendars imported that effect my schedule. It works very nicely.
    12-02-12 11:58 AM
    I have my phone sync my Google calendar, which has several other calendars imported that effect my schedule. It works very nicely.
    Which does not sync with BB Desktop AND requires a data plan to sync.... So does not really work for me. So is there some NON-Online Calender that works with Blackberry Desktop? My guess from what people are saying is no.
    12-02-12 12:10 PM
    I'm in a similar bind. I have window 8 and outlook 2003 (weird, I know). My outlook calendar will not sync with my BB desktop software (I'm using a torch 9810). I reinstalled the latest BBDS and still get this error:
    "A program error occurred at line 131in.\Error.cpp"
    I figure it may be a problem with the fact that I'm using Outlook 2003. I don't want to upgrade my outlook yet because I'll likely get a new PC in 2013 and I fully intend to get the BB10.
    Is there another calendar that will sync with my blackberry and PC? Does the google calendar do this? If so, how do I change the default calendar on my 9810 from outlook to google? Will it also sync to the native calendar on my playbook?

Thank you!
    12-03-12 12:57 PM
    Further to that, I've read that I can sync the windows 8 calendar. However, in the BB desktop software when I select configure next to calendar, the only calendar option on the drop down menu is Outlook. I've tried finding the default calendar on my device as well and have had no luck. Any ideas?
    12-03-12 03:49 PM