I have set up my 2 gmail accounts through the native blackberry mail program. I am trying to sync one gmail account through googly sync and the other through the native client.

The problem is, the calendar I want to sync through the native client doesn't have the option for me to sync the calendar. I want to sync this specific calendar through the native client.

How do I do that?
    05-18-11 03:06 PM
    Also I tried searching both google and the CB forums but a lot of people are talking about outlook and not necessarily what I am talking about. Sorry if this has been posted but I couldn't find it. :/
    05-18-11 03:10 PM
    Just a guess, but do you have the account you are trying to sync through the native client set as your default calendar? If so, that will probably create a conflict since google sync only syncs to the default calendar. You might try changing that.

Is there a reason you don't want to sync both calendars through the native client and delete google sync? I have three gmail accounts, each with separate calendars (work, personal, and business) that all sync to my 9700 through the native clients. Works great and I have different colors for the different calendars.
    05-18-11 03:52 PM
    Yeah I was trying to sync my default with google sync.

And I haven't synced both with the native because I only get the option to sync one.

How do I change all default stuff anyways?
    05-18-11 04:23 PM
    Okay,

so if I wanted to start from scratch and use the native client with both contacts AND calendar, how should I do that.

If I shouldn't start fresh and use Google sync for account A (both contacts and calendar) and Native app for account B (both contacts and calendar) how would I do that?

Any help is appreciated.
    05-18-11 05:16 PM
    In OS6 it's: Options --> Device --> Advanced System Settings --> Default Services

You might try disabling Google Sync (or even deleting it), then restarting your phone and you should be given the ability to sync the calendar and contacts from each of your Gmail accounts.
    05-18-11 05:17 PM
    which would you suggest?

Getting rid of GS?
    05-18-11 05:26 PM
    Yes. I don't think you need it with the being able to sync directly through BIS. At least I don't.
    05-18-11 05:28 PM
    The main reason for using google sync is to include multiple shared calendars associated with the account. BIS native calendar sync can only sync the main calendar
    05-18-11 05:52 PM
    The main reason for using google sync is to include multiple shared calendars associated with the account. BIS native calendar sync can only sync the main calendar
    That's a good point, and now that you say that, I remember that's what I did for awhile. The problem I had was that they all show up as the same color on my BB. That's why when BIS permitted it, I separated them out into three separate calendars on three different gmail accounts -- so I could have the different colors for the different calendars show. It still doesn't help with my wife's calendar, though. I can see that on my desktop, but I haven't figured out a simple way to see it as a different color on my BB.
    05-18-11 06:00 PM
    Just wanted to add an aside here: The weakness of the BB calendar is the #1 thing that keeps me trying Android devices. I know several people that have switched to Android just to get a more robust calendar. I think Google knows this, and maybe that's why they haven't implemented a better calendar sync app.
    05-18-11 06:04 PM
    That's a good point, and now that you say that, I remember that's what I did for awhile. The problem I had was that they all show up as the same color on my BB. That's why when BIS permitted it, I separated them out into three separate calendars on three different gmail accounts -- so I could have the different colors for the different calendars show. It still doesn't help with my wife's calendar, though. I can see that on my desktop, but I haven't figured out a simple way to see it as a different color on my BB.
    I just want to confirm: the BIS option on sync gmail calendars works with that calendar even when it is not the default calendar (default CICAL). I'm trying to figure out how to separate out my work and personal calendars.

In addition you can do this with multiple gmail accounts?

Thanks.
    05-19-11 11:00 AM
    I just want to confirm: the BIS option on sync gmail calendars works with that calendar even when it is not the default calendar (default CICAL). I'm trying to figure out how to separate out my work and personal calendars.

In addition you can do this with multiple gmail accounts?

Thanks.
    That is correct. Each gmail calendar syncs to it's own gmail account, and that account does not have to be the default account. I have three gmail calendars syncing through BIS, each to it's own account. I only get email on one of those, so I hide the other two, but the calendars work fine. One of those is synced from my work Outlook email using the desktop Google Sync. So that one syncs one way (my secretary puts almost all my work appointments on my calender, so one way syncing works here for me) from my desktop to a gmail account set up just to receive that calendar. That calendar syncs through BIS to my 9700. Another one is my personal calendar, and syncs through BIS for my main gmail account. The third is another gmail account set up just for my business calendar. I use that one for a business I run on the side. It syncs through BIS to my 9700. On my desktop computer, I can see all three calendars, plus my wife's google calendar, and two others I have set up just on the desktop for different things. On my 9700, I have three calendars with three different colors. All appear at once when I look at my calendar (I have calendar set to show all the calendars), but I have assigned the same color I use on my desktop to those calendars on my 9700, so I have different color appointments for work, personal, and business, and can see at a glance how may day breaks down.

Ok, that was long and windy, but I hope it helps.
    cavingjan likes this.
    05-19-11 12:59 PM
    Is there a time limit on how long it will keep appointments? I'm hoping for no limit but I'm guessing it will want to limit it somehow.

Thanks for the info.
    05-19-11 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD