I've got a Pearl and I'm a new user. I set it up with my home PC but have been syncing work PC when at work and got one calendar that had same from both PCs. Then, I added some e-mail addresses and suddenly I can't sync work PC since I last synced home computer on PC! I deleted the added e-mail addresses but still have the problem.

I notice that in Options/Advanced/Service Book it shows my home e-mail address twice. Would that be the problem or something else?

Appreciate any help.

John
    05-19-08 11:20 AM
    Are you trying to sync the calendar between the two PCs, using the BB as the link? What calendar, Outlook?
    05-20-08 07:16 AM
    Are you trying to sync the calendar between the two PCs, using the BB as the link? What calendar, Outlook?

Yes. I have been able to do it but only when I have my home e-mail on the BB. If I add a second e-mail, work or personal doesn't matter, then I can't sync between the two.

Thanks

John
    05-20-08 10:21 AM
    That really shouldn't matter, are you on BES or BIS?

I am on BIS, have 4 different email accounts and used my BB in the past to sync my work and personal laptop calendars on Outlook.
    05-20-08 02:01 PM
    This has happened to me. Here's how I fix it when it happens:

Plug the pearl into the work computer and open desktop manager. Open the sync tool but don't sync yet. Go to the configuration tab and select "configure sync". Select the part of the sync that is failing (calendar, contacts, memos or tasks - for me it's always calendar) and change it to have a 1-way sync FROM the device TO the computer. Then run your sync. When it's done, re-configure your sync to be 2-way and sync again. This should fix it.

WARNING - this will make your computer match your phone for the area where you're having the issue so if you've added stuff to your work computer for the part of the sync that's failing, that data will be lost. (if your calendar is the issue, whatever changes you made to the that aren't on the BB will be lost).

This happens when you update the same item more than one place. The sync utility gets confused...
    05-20-08 05:28 PM
    That really shouldn't matter, are you on BES or BIS?

I am on BIS, have 4 different email accounts and used my BB in the past to sync my work and personal laptop calendars on Outlook.
    I'm on BIS. Using 2 person e-mails and my work which can be accessed via the web.

I'm going to give it another shot and see what happens. This time I'll have a good backup too!

Thanks

John
    05-20-08 05:53 PM

Plug the pearl into the work computer and open desktop manager. Open the sync tool but don't sync yet. Go to the configuration tab and select "configure sync". Select the part of the sync that is failing (calendar, contacts, memos or tasks - for me it's always calendar) and change it to have a 1-way sync FROM the device TO the computer. Then run your sync. When it's done, re-configure your sync to be 2-way and sync again. This should fix it.

WARNING - this will make your computer match your phone for the area where you're having the issue so if you've added stuff to your work computer for the part of the sync that's failing, that data will be lost. (if your calendar is the issue, whatever changes you made to the that aren't on the BB will be lost).

This happens when you update the same item more than one place. The sync utility gets confused...
    I'm at work now and will try it in reverse when I get home. I'll do a one way sync from my device to home PC and see how it goes.

Thanks for the suggestion.

John
    05-20-08 06:04 PM
    You shouldn't need to do it with your home PC - once the issue is resolved on one of your PCs you should be good to go.
    05-20-08 07:42 PM
    You shouldn't need to do it with your home PC - once the issue is resolved on one of your PCs you should be good to go.
    Still at work. Thought I did as you suggested on my work PC but it didn't work. I must have done something wrong. Then, I did a restore and re-synced but ended up with double calendars entries! If I can get back to where I started, I'll try it again. Right now I'm getting frustrated. Everytime I add more than one e-mail to the BB it screws up the calendar sync one way or another.

Appreciate the help and suggestions.

John
    05-20-08 09:01 PM

OK - just did as you suggested, one way sync from device to work computer. Then did a 2-way sync with BB and work PC. Now, have another problem - don't see any calendar items on my PC! It is blank. However, do have calendar on BB.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

John
    05-21-08 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD