Every time I save or edit a calendar entry, the up and down data arrows come up for a second. I'm wondering if the calendar entries are being saved on BlackBerry's servers or something?
    04-06-09 07:58 AM
    I suspect you are seeing normal housekeeping traffic appearing by coincidence, after making a calender update.

I use Outlook to manage my calender, it has to be USB connected to the BlackBerry to synchronize the calender and other apps.
    04-06-09 09:46 AM
    I had this problem, posted to this and several other boards and received to helpful reply. It was so annoying, because every time I added or changed a calendar entry, I had to wait at least five seconds.

Finally, I figured out what was causing it, at least for me.

I had installed Google Sync. Even though I had it "unchecked", i.e. not to perform the sync, it still caused the apparent network activity. Since I wasn't using it, as soon as I uninstalled it, the behavior went away.
    04-06-09 10:09 AM
    I suspect you are seeing normal housekeeping traffic appearing by coincidence, after making a calender update.

I use Outlook to manage my calender, it has to be USB connected to the BlackBerry to synchronize the calender and other apps.
    No, it is not "housekeeping traffic"... It is definitely related to the calendar.. And I don't use any kind of syncing programs or anything...

Its not a problem for me at all. It doesn't slow it down, I was just curious.
    04-06-09 01:07 PM
    My Pearl does the same thing, I've always been curious as to why this is as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD