I have a bunch of birthdays on my device's calendar that I would like to get transferred over to Google Calendar, but Google Sync is not doing it. These entries only exist on the device while the calendar in Google is totally blank. Device's default calendar is set to my gmail.com e-mail and it is this calendar that contains the birthdays I'd like to synch over to Google Calendar. Any suggestions?

The origin of the events were from Outlook... I'm basically looking for a way to get my Outlook events to Google Calendar THROUGH the device. Is this possible?
    Last edited by dimm0k; 12-04-09 at 01:30 PM. Reason: origin of calendar
    12-04-09 01:03 PM
    I am having a similar problem, have you figured out how to remedy it?
    12-04-09 03:54 PM
    Try clicking the name of the calender (on g calender on a pc). Usually left had side of screen. Mine is blue. Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 04:58 PM
    Can you export a saved outlook file, then import the file on g calender? (Other calanders > add > select file) on desktop google calender.

12-04-09 05:03 PM
    Can you export a saved outlook file, then import the file on g calender? (Other calanders > add > select file) on desktop google calender.

This might work?

But events that were on the BB calandar prior to installing Google Sync will Not transfer to Google Calendar. Only the events entered after install will sync.
    12-04-09 05:53 PM
    Actually I've done that... exported to .ics and imported to Google Calendar. Doing this and running Google Sync just duplicates the entries onto the device... I'm trying to avoid duplicates.
    12-04-09 06:06 PM
    Actually I've done that... exported to .ics and imported to Google Calendar. Doing this and running Google Sync just duplicates the entries onto the device... I'm trying to avoid duplicates.
    You will either need to deal with it or delete the calendar on your BB and then sync with Google.

Calendar entries that were on the device prior to installing Google Sync will NOT transfer into the Google Calendar. Only events you add to the BB calendar after install of Google Sync wil transfer. That's how it works, no way around it.
    12-04-09 07:52 PM
    Thanks for the reply ridesno159. I think I can live with duplicates... What I did was export the calendar off the device into a .ics file, imported into Outlook and removed the reminder from each event and then re-import the calendar back onto my device. However in this instance I set my Device Default CICAL to one of my other e-mail accounts so that it's separate from my gmail.com. After getting it in there I switched the Device Default CICAL to gmail.com and used Google Sync. This gives me the option of having recurring records of each event (from separate e-mail CICAL), as well as notifications from Google Sync when that event occurs.
    12-04-09 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD