I've been using my new BB Bold for a few months now and love it but I've just started traveling and I'm finding the calendar hard to work with. I understand the time zone update issue that most people talk about and I think I'm doing it properly.
    However if I create an appointment in a time zone 2 hours behind my current time zone the time is updated automatically to the matching current time zone. i.e. appointments at 3:30pm move to 5:30pm.

This is really annoying. Is there a way to set up the calendar so that appointments at 3:30pm stay at 3:30pm and don't move every time I get on a plane?
    02-12-09 09:55 PM
    I'd just say don't change the time zone you're in! I had the VZW 8830WE and travelled extensively within the U.S. but just left the time zone alone. I just knew where I was and subtracted or added the needed hours. The only thing that got messed up was if I wanted to use an alarm at a hotel, but that's what the front desk is for.

Not trying to be rude, please don't take it that way.
    02-12-09 10:04 PM
    See my post titled "Explanation: BlackBerries Implementation of Time Zones" that's found in the How To and FAQ forum. A 3:30 appt in the Mountain Time Zone corresponds to 5:30 in Eastern Time, so when you change time zones, your appts adjust to remain correct for the time zone you are in. Other than not changing the time zone on your device, there is no way to prevent this behavior. It is the correct response.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD