The hub at your right hand side... great keyboard.. I think that about covers it.. the file manager that comes with it alone is worth a lot imo.

Ever tried to move something from Dropbox or box to a specific folder on your device and vice versa? It's easy as cake... easier than even on a pc imo

Posted via CB10
    You know that and I know that but most people don't. That's the issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 05:16 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I would love to see Blackberry get back into the consumer market here in the USA, but I honestly think that time has came and went folks.

Most of the consumers and corporate America has moved on to Android and IOS. Two of my clients who where once die hard Blackberry users have moved on to Android and Knox for their email and they are perfectly content with the set-up.

It really saddens me to see the once iconic brand all but disappear here and to think they once had 50% of the market here!

The really sad part that irritates me even more are the management folks up there in Waterloo who still made millions of dollars while the brand was being dismantled here?

I have posted my opinions, both good and bad on this forum and I feel that us loyal users here in the USA have been left out in the cold.

My carrier T Mobile doesn't even handle the brand anymore and they where once the biggest supporter of the brand here and I am not going to change to a different carrier just to support a product who has abandoned the consumer market here.

I am really hoping one day this will change here, but when I see that Apple sold 100 million devices last year and Android device sold more then that, I don't see it changing anytime soon. Sad, but very true.
    Understand your sentiments... stay cool...Blackberry's CEO is on a path to change this... starting Now with the launch of Passport and Classic on AT&T, and classic on Verizon next week...

Rumours are that tmobile and Blackberry are mending fences and blackberry Brand will be back there too... as more people start to see the new phones and experience the awesomeness of OS 10.3.1... perceptions will start to change...

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 05:21 PM
    You know that and I know that but most people don't. That's the issue.

Posted via CB10
    But that's BlackBerry problem not mine directly (; lol I was just answering donnation's question on how even an app limited BlackBerry is still streamlined for end to end task completion

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 05:38 PM
    But that's BlackBerry problem not mine directly (; lol I was just answering donnation's question on how even an app limited BlackBerry is still streamlined for end to end task completion

Posted via CB10
    Oh I agree!
    It will take years to turn this ship around. I know people want it to happen overnight but that is a pipe dream. Be patient and enjoy 10.3 for now.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 05:56 PM
    Finally.. some optimism on this forum! Let's go BB!
    02-19-15 06:27 PM
    BlackBerry needs to focus on business I get it they are all about security business and financial stuff but no offense blackberry I really love your phone and u need to get into consumers to I got a z30 and I love it and it's amazing if u want me to keep on buying new blackberry phones tend u need to focus also on consumers side and build a device for is like a z50 with awesome specs and amazing camera and the best os and a new app store that's the blackberry app world but has a lot of apps we need developers to out they apps on blackberry thanks again blackberry
    02-19-15 07:23 PM
    I own several as well. Which things?
    If you own several then you already know.

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie likes this.
    02-19-15 09:28 PM
    The hub at your right hand side... great keyboard.. I think that about covers it.. the file manager that comes with it alone is worth a lot imo.

Ever tried to move something from Dropbox or box to a specific folder on your device and vice versa? It's easy as cake... easier than even on a pc imo

Posted via CB10
    Yes the hub is nice but i don't think it's faster or more efficient than the notification system in iOS or Android. They can all reply to a message right from it just like the hub. The keyboard is nice but it's no better than swiftkey (which it was built off of) that both Android and iOS both have. The file manager is nice but most High end Android phones have a built in file manager and iOS can get a file manager through a multitude of apps.
    02-19-15 09:32 PM
    Yes the hub is nice but i don't think it's faster or more efficient than the notification system in iOS or Android. They can all reply to a message right from it just like the hub. The keyboard is nice but it's no better than swiftkey (which it was built off of) that both Android and iOS both have. The file manager is nice but most High end Android phones have a built in file manager and iOS can get a file manager through a multitude of apps.
    You're right, it's a personal preference. Having used several 'flagship' phones from several platforms in the last year or so, I find that the BB Passport is the phone that makes me most efficient. Also, while I don't 'play' around much, I've found that all the games/entertainment apps I want work on it.

Was I able to do the same work on other phones? Yes!
    Did I actually care to use the other phones to the same extent as the Passport? No!
    Why? Because they didn't work the way I preferred, and the Passport does.

Will that be the case for you or someone else? I don't know, and frankly, I don't care. Use what phone you like; it doesn't matter to me.

I'm glad BB made the Passport, because I'm one of the people who don't care for Swiftkey, or Swype or whatever else. Yes, I like the PKB. I like the hub better than other communication aggregation apps I've used. Without the Passport, I'd have to have settled for something else, and I'm glad I didn't have to.
    02-20-15 06:47 AM
    And to the original post: I also think that BB could do with some advertising. Like it or not, they're trying to sell phones. Part of that is just staying in the public consciousness. That means advertising.

The naysayers here are actually right: without an updated all-touch device, they will not capture many consumers. However, there are going to be some out there that will find the Passport interesting, and maybe even the Classic. Advertising for these phones may not be able to pay for itself, but if they actually want to keep making phones, they are going to have to stay in the public consciousness until such a time as they have other options that people actually want.
    02-20-15 06:55 AM
    I do think swipe is smart and fast at typing (equal to my keyboard), but they'll never have keyboard shortcuts.
    02-20-15 08:34 AM
    Keyboard : hardware keyboard .

Also the hub has an efficiency that I haven't found on android and ios still. Like seriously nope.

Most high end androids have a built in file system that still isn't as connected or streamlined as bb10. Like I said on bb10 I can move a whole photo album to box and Dropbox and my pc with 3 clicks of "paste ". I've seen android file managers and without spending on apps the built in one's are way way complicated.. no streamlining at all. As for ios getting apps of file manager, from my experience, nothing beats what the manufacturer actually created themselves because they can make it more connected as per my example.... plus the best ones are probably paid anyways. I really hate the pay for this app and pay for that app thing anyways. 1 or 2 apps..okay but if every efficiency app is based on paying then damn

Edit: does the notification center on ios now connect to your emails?
    Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 12:37 AM
    Keyboard : hardware keyboard .

Also the hub has an efficiency that I haven't found on android and ios still. Like seriously nope.

Most high end androids have a built in file system that still isn't as connected or streamlined as bb10. Like I said on bb10 I can move a whole photo album to box and Dropbox and my pc with 3 clicks of "paste ". I've seen android file managers and without spending on apps the built in one's are way way complicated.. no streamlining at all. As for ios getting apps of file manager, from my experience, nothing beats what the manufacturer actually created themselves because they can make it more connected as per my example.... plus the best ones are probably paid anyways. I really hate the pay for this app and pay for that app thing anyways. 1 or 2 apps..okay but if every efficiency app is based on paying then damn

Edit: does the notification center on ios now connect to your emails?
    Posted via CB10
    Yes Notification Center connects to your emails. And you have some very valid points as well. As always Spike I enjoy reading your comments as they are always well written and insightful. Cheers!
    02-21-15 12:52 AM
    Yes Notification Center connects to your emails. And you have some very valid points as well. As always Spike I enjoy reading your comments as they are always well written and insightful. Cheers!
    That's awesome for ios. Getting there. I'm looking at an ipod but so far I can't justify getting one lol except for the new 10.3 update that broke Snap chat.. suspecting it's an error with the Android runtime ( scenes when your platform is at the mercy of another platform's ecosystem)

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:22 AM
    Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 02:29 PM
    I use Swiftkey on my S4 and don't like it nearly as much as the Z10 implementation.

Z10 via CB10
    03-05-15 02:34 PM
    APPS

no one wants to use an EPIC OS without apps.

Linux Ubuntu is AWESOME

just no apps, thus I don't use it.
    "No apps" for Linux?

Heck, even I have released an open source game for Linux. There is literally a program (app for you youngens) for almost everything for GNU/Linux and many of them are in the Ubuntu repository even...

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 03:57 PM
    Consumers.

It's time BlackBerry.

All those bored and hungry Android users are seeking change, or soon will be. Sony is dropping out, Samsung isn't making much profit, iOS and Windows are lame. Those Androidians want something new and intriguing.

Go on BlackBerry, flex those muscles and proudly market the best vkb, true multitasking, the technical aspects of QNX, and the new app store.

Build BB11, and they will come.

Posted via CB10
    Nah.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 05:46 PM
    Enterprise? They don't even offer native airline apps such as delta

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 07:13 PM
44 12