03-05-15 07:13 PM
44 12
tools
    Consumers.

It's time BlackBerry.

All those bored and hungry Android users are seeking change, or soon will be. Sony is dropping out, Samsung isn't making much profit, iOS and Windows are lame. Those Androidians want something new and intriguing.

Go on BlackBerry, flex those muscles and proudly market the best vkb, true multitasking, the technical aspects of QNX, and the new app store.

Build BB11, and they will come.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 03:36 AM
    Before they do that, they should fixed first the myriad of issues surrounding their current devices and OS.
    02-19-15 03:45 AM
    APPS

no one wants to use an EPIC OS without apps.

Linux Ubuntu is AWESOME

just no apps, thus I don't use it.
    02-19-15 03:47 AM
    APPS

no one wants to use an EPIC OS without apps.

Linux Ubuntu is AWESOME

just no apps, thus I don't use it.
    Where's my effing gun gone
    CDM76 likes this.
    02-19-15 03:55 AM
    Also, never count on the IQ of sheeple and lemmings.

Even if BB is the best smartphone, a lemming will always be a lemming

At the end hype and poltical correctness counts. Not smarts.

So I rather keep it like that! A distinguished and smart niche for productive and smart people who want getting things done. No pathetic Candy Crash, Android kiddy candy UI, poltical correct image like Apple! Just plain and simple getting things done, a great battery, trusty OS, design, premium finish and keyboard.

Apps? As stated: Blackberry has all important out of the box apps, to get things done. While you have to pay or download these apps from Android or Ios! I have everything from BB World. If you want CAndy Crash or Instragram or your world important Starbucks app, because you're too anxious to order your overpriced hype coffee from real human beings: get an Iphone and move on!
    Q10Bold and yohannrjm like this.
    02-19-15 03:55 AM
    The apps will come too with consumers.

But BlackBerry needs to market their devices to the "think different" types. Those who are seeking something technical, those who don't jump on bandwagons, and those who want to be productive and successful.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 03:58 AM
    the problems lies here.

Without Apps there are no Consumers.
    Without Consumers there are no Apps.

It's an endless circle that MS and BB can't seem to escape right now.

Why spend 4000 dolars on developing an app for 4 companies when you can save 2000 and just develop for 2.
    ominaxe likes this.
    02-19-15 04:26 AM
    the problems lies here.

Without Apps there are no Consumers.
    Without Consumers there are no Apps.

It's an endless circle that MS and BB can't seem to escape right now.

Why spend 4000 dolars on developing an app for 4 companies when you can save 2000 and just develop for 2.
    I hope one day that this situation changes. It become the other way around once upon a time. Now carriers/BB & Microsoft must make space and obey to them.

So sad. Imagine you have made a classy decision NOT buy an Iphone or Droid, because you have a choice. Just to find out that you can't download major apps. Slightly sad, really.
    02-19-15 04:32 AM
    You know, I'm not so sure BlackBerry could handle the typical consumer.

The quality of games on iPhones and the sheer amount of different things people do on their phones is astounding.

On a train, in a 15 minute time frame I saw a guy standing in front of me play 3 different games, watch two different videos using two different programs and read a book. These were all programs that are in the Chinese market that I've never heard of.

The reason I like BlackBerry is because it doesn't get in the way and does the basics efficiently, with little effort and no extra apps required. I can't say that works the same for people who jump from trend to trend and game to game and want their phones to get in the way.
    02-19-15 04:49 AM
    Nothing will change until BlackBerry start to advertise their products.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.2.1.3062 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    02-19-15 05:28 AM
    Advertise what?
    An outdated keyboard phone or a flop of a phone in the PP?

Consumers clearly do not want them.
    Might pawn a few Classics to Enterprise accounts but over all BlackBerry isn't making phones folks want.

Same ol'. Same ol'.

BlackBerry hates America!
    02-19-15 05:40 AM
    Yeah, that's real smart, insult the public and wonder why sales suck. These are supposed to be smartphones that work, not some secret and sacred quest for the holy grail for a blessed few.

Posted via CB10
    TGR1, neoberry99, cbobb123 and 1 others like this.
    02-19-15 05:50 AM
    Yeah, that's real smart, insult the public and wonder why sales suck. These are supposed to be smartphones that work, not some secret and sacred quest for the holy grail for a blessed few.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed and thus, this thread is yet another (L word) rehashing of a very tired discussion. Use the device you like and move on.
    TGR1 and ominaxe like this.
    02-19-15 06:11 AM
    So then they've conquered the business market and now its time to go after consumers? Which device exactly are they going after the consumer market with?
    02-19-15 06:15 AM
    Also, never count on the IQ of sheeple and lemmings.

Even if BB is the best smartphone, a lemming will always be a lemming

At the end hype and poltical correctness counts. Not smarts.

So I rather keep it like that! A distinguished and smart niche for productive and smart people who want getting things done. No pathetic Candy Crash, Android kiddy candy UI, poltical correct image like Apple! Just plain and simple getting things done, a great battery, trusty OS, design, premium finish and keyboard.

Apps? As stated: Blackberry has all important out of the box apps, to get things done. While you have to pay or download these apps from Android or Ios! I have everything from BB World. If you want CAndy Crash or Instragram or your world important Starbucks app, because you're too anxious to order your overpriced hype coffee from real human beings: get an Iphone and move on!
    I'm just curious to what exactly people mean by they "Get Things Done' with their blackberry. That can't be done on another OS. Not trying to be funny. I just never understood that term. Like are we splitting atoms with a blackberry or something.
    02-19-15 06:40 AM
    Nothing will change until BlackBerry start to advertise their products.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.2.1.3062 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    What's there to advertise? Keyboard phones are a niche and not for the masses. Blackberry doesn't have a current product to advertise with.
    02-19-15 06:49 AM
    I'm just curious to what exactly people mean by they "Get Things Done' with their blackberry. That can't be done on another OS. Not trying to be funny. I just never understood that term. Like are we splitting atoms with a blackberry or something.
    I own several phones and I think getting things done means getting things done much faster on a Blackberry vs other brands. Something I can agree with.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    02-19-15 06:50 AM
    I own several phones and I think getting things done means getting things done much faster on a Blackberry vs other brands. Something I can agree with.
    I own several as well. Which things?
    02-19-15 07:18 AM
    By getting things done, I think they mean just right out of the box, it's ready to go. All phones do the same basic functions, just in different ways.

Personally, I like having the keyboard shortcuts and I think it really speeds things up. Unread messages, tops and bottoms of the page, searching for things on the phone right from the homepage, peek and flow.. just seems faster.

Using other phones, I forgot how much scrolling I do... multi tasking with long presses/home button without active frames/hub just feels a lot slower.
    02-19-15 07:28 AM
    I would love to see Blackberry get back into the consumer market here in the USA, but I honestly think that time has came and went folks.

Most of the consumers and corporate America has moved on to Android and IOS. Two of my clients who where once die hard Blackberry users have moved on to Android and Knox for their email and they are perfectly content with the set-up.

It really saddens me to see the once iconic brand all but disappear here and to think they once had 50% of the market here!

The really sad part that irritates me even more are the management folks up there in Waterloo who still made millions of dollars while the brand was being dismantled here?

I have posted my opinions, both good and bad on this forum and I feel that us loyal users here in the USA have been left out in the cold.

My carrier T Mobile doesn't even handle the brand anymore and they where once the biggest supporter of the brand here and I am not going to change to a different carrier just to support a product who has abandoned the consumer market here.

I am really hoping one day this will change here, but when I see that Apple sold 100 million devices last year and Android device sold more then that, I don't see it changing anytime soon. Sad, but very true.
    02-19-15 07:42 AM
    People just be expecting people to just wake up and buy a BlackBerry. It's not going to happen. First, BlackBerry doesn't really have a consumer focused device to target these people. Second, the devices are barely in carriers store, if at all. Lastly, people still don't like the brand. Until BlackBerry fixes that, there is no reason to waste resources going after consumers

BlackBerry is going to have to introduce some stuff that absolutely wows consumers to change this. As great as I think BB10 is, I just don't think it has it yet. I know some could never admit it, but there are still advantages IOS and Android have

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 08:40 AM
    I own several as well. Which things?
    The hub at your right hand side... great keyboard.. I think that about covers it.. the file manager that comes with it alone is worth a lot imo.

Ever tried to move something from Dropbox or box to a specific folder on your device and vice versa? It's easy as cake... easier than even on a pc imo

Posted via CB10
    King Dack likes this.
    02-19-15 10:38 AM
    Before BlackBerry can target anything else, I think they should successfully take over enterprise first, again! No point in half assing both.

When Red Bull entered the U.S. Market in the early 90's, they targeted smaller segments. Before they moved on to different segments, they made sure each segment was mature enough and profitable.

BlackBerry should do the same before they start expanding.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 11:30 AM
    Before they do that, they should fixed first the myriad of issues surrounding their current devices and OS.
    ^^^^^This. Slowness and quirks of my Classic is embarrassing.
    ronfc likes this.
    02-19-15 11:53 AM
    What people mean when they say getting things done is BlackBerry os's ability to send emails, texts, and communications faster and more accurately.

BlackBerry was in the perfect position when they released the z10 and q10, they just needed to persist and continue the incremental hardware updates, including major software updates. They may have been over enthusiastic by producing too many phones that went unsold, but they learnt from that mistake. I mean a lot of people think they failed that attempt, but In my view they didn't. I ended up purchasing a z10, and I've been a BlackBerry user since.

I think they need to approach the market again with a pkb device, a full touch device, and their new approach. This time just be a little less optimistic about sales, deliver devices that are up to date with regards to specs, market the damn things a little at least, and be patient. People will eventually try something new, you just have to be there available and in their minds when they consider trying something different.

I live in Australia where there are less BlackBerry users than probably anywhere else,but I read other forums and see more and more people jumping from Android and onto BlackBerry. These are guys mostly using nexus devices, this to me demonstrates that the enthusiasts that jumped onto android before it became very popular are now seeking something new, and I'm optimistic about BlackBerry being that new OS.

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    02-19-15 02:28 PM
44 12