I bought an extra battery for my Curve 8330. It came with a battery in the box that is 1150 mAH and the only reason I know this is that it was in a little package that said that on the sticker. I wanted a second battery as a backup so I searched around till I found another one that was listed as 1150 - bought from a well rated eBay seller that said the battery was new.

I got the battery, it is not in a retail package which is ok with me except I have only the model number to go on to know what the mAH is, and I am getting mixed results when googling the model number.

How do I know whether I got what I paid for? Thanks for any thoughts... it is BAT-06860-004 if I'm reading the teeny numbers right. I have not yet done a battery pull to see if that is also what I have.
    08-04-09 02:19 PM
    I think you answered your own question, you might want to start with the battery pull and see if it matches. Otherwise the only thing I could find OEM is a BAT-06860-004
    08-04-09 03:00 PM
    A lot of the batteries sold on eBay are aftermarket batteries made in China. If it doesn't have the Blackberry label and CS-2 designation, it is most likely an aftermarket non-OEM replacement battery.
    08-04-09 03:53 PM
    I did the battery pull - same model number BAT-06860-004. Definitely a RIM battery, it looks the same as the CS2 that came with my phone. I just find it frustrating that these RIM batteries are not labeled with mAh. Other batteries in the world are! why not BB batteries??
    08-04-09 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD