Hey guys,

Its been a while since I posted anything on the forum, and wanted to just say a thank you to all that have helped and supported me through my Blackberry life. Unfortunately I no longer feel the 'BB Love' and have for some time been eye'ing up a possible replacement.

with the announcement of the iPhone4 and my own blogging/business and online needs, the focus of what my device needs to do has changed. Also, RIM imo seems to be releasing new models where nothing really seems to have upgraded or changed. Coupled with the constant buggy OS, I'm also not impressed with OS6, although I have really not had a chance to play with it.

I'm intending to sell off the BlackBerry Bold 9000, which may I add did serve me well, and purchase an iPhone4

Incidentally, I'm curious as to how many more of you feel this way?

Peace n Blessings!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 04:34 AM
    Enjoy your new iphone4

06-23-10 04:56 AM
    how much u selling the 9700 for? ill pay for shipping as well
    06-23-10 05:01 AM
    All I can say is enjoy iPhone4 and explore the new world out there. I'm also thinking of the same like you.
    06-23-10 05:45 AM
    Good luck in your new phone.

See you soon ................ maybe
    06-23-10 06:08 AM
    Thanks guys...

I am sad to let the blackberry community go :-(
    06-23-10 06:11 AM
    how much u selling the 9700 for? ill pay for shipping as well
    He correctly does not answer that question here. If he sells it through CrackBerry it must be posted to the Marketplace forum.

I see you posting from USA and your profile shows T-Mobile. Be aware that T-Mo/US uses a unique 3G frequency allocation, devices originally shipped for other networks are not fully compatible and will only achieve 2G connections on TMo. If you want 3G performance you MUST use a 9700 supplied by T-Mobile.
    06-23-10 07:21 AM
    Thanks guys...

I am sad to let the blackberry community go :-(
    You don't necessarily have to leave pal, there are a fair number of folks on this forum who don't use a BB as their primary device. Any knowlege you have regarding the BB platform is still useful, regardless of your choice of handset. Good luck with the iPhone, maybe we'll see you back with a BB someday. If anything, getting the iPhone may give you some new insight into the things that are important to you, and will allow you to give some comparison between it and the BB platform, which could turn into some useful information.

He correctly does not answer that question here. If he sells it through CrackBerry it must be posted to the Marketplace forum.

I see you posting from USA and your profile shows T-Mobile. Be aware that T-Mo/US uses a unique 3G frequency allocation, devices originally shipped for other networks are not fully compatible and will only achieve 2G connections on TMo. If you want 3G performance you MUST use a 9700 supplied by T-Mobile.
    Good to know, I did not know this.
    06-23-10 08:44 AM
    Good luck with your new phone. I hope you like atts service in my area dropped calls are the norm here.

06-23-10 10:17 AM
    I am in the same boat. I have had Bold 9000 and now 9700 and although the BB has served me well and this community is fantastic, I too am going iphone 4 tomorrow. I use my phone less and less for email and more and more for browsing. I too am unimpressed at such little progress RIMM seems to make each year as opposed to the competition. I hope they do better in the future with OS6 but for now I'm saying goodbye beloved blackberry. Maybe we'll meet again someday.
    06-23-10 10:26 AM
    Good luck with the new phone. and i have not been a blackberry user long, but i have loved it thus far. i see all these new phones coming out which claim and possibly are faster and have all these apps. but im satisfied with my phones speed. and half those apps i would download and then never use unless i wanted to be like ooooo look at this pointless app.

But my BB lets me get my txts my email and have my music and thats all i want. It all depends on your needs and wants in the end
    06-23-10 11:02 AM
    ^
    That's howi feel. Communication and messaging is all I need in a phone. I couldn't care less if I don't have the fastest browser or the best video player. Apps is the the least of my concern right now.

Good luck with your iphone4 but I have a feeling that you might come back when you realized your email and the notification alert is inferior.

06-23-10 11:16 AM
    Good luck with your new phone. I hope you like atts service in my area dropped calls are the norm here.

He doesn't have to worry too much about ATT in England.
    06-23-10 11:25 AM
    ROFL AT&T drops calls better in England due to no service. Hehe.

Well I hope you enjoy the iPhone. I must say they are sexy devices and it finally seems like a phone worth getting. They have the same amount of features minus the keyboard (but autocorrect is good I hear) and seem to have better battery life.

06-23-10 01:13 PM
    i Might Jump ship also.... I got my free 9650 and its a great BB
    but with the Mororola X and the iphone 4 coming out it looks like BB
    might be come the next Palm.... they better do somthing because they
    seem like there are stuck in 2002.......
    06-23-10 01:28 PM
    He doesn't have to worry too much about ATT in England.
    The badmouthing of AT&T for dropped calls "because of iPhone data hogging" puzzles me a little. Voice calls use the voice channel and data traffic uses a data channel - and I AFAIK they are managed so that even within 3G a voice call should preempt data if congestion occurs. Fair enough if there's a general congestion problem in certain areas but it seems unlikely to be nationwide. It sounds more like inadequate coverage from existing towers.
    06-23-10 02:39 PM
    Feeling quite the same. Have online business, need phone with THE browser.
    Couldn't let 9700 go - loved it for battery, messaging... But battery life seems to be very improved on iphone4 (check engaged review - 38 hours!!!) and it's quite fastone, so I am picking up my iphone4 tomorrow. Will miss messaging and LED, but well, there is a compromise everywhere. And messaging is not THaT bad with iOs4

06-23-10 03:26 PM
    Be sure to buy insurance and/or Otterbox. That thing is too pretty and would be a travesty to break. Thats the number 1 reason I'm terrified of it. Well that and the lack of an unlimited plan from ATT.....aaaaaaannnnddd their service.

Anyway you get the point.
    06-23-10 03:30 PM
    emkwan- I'm in the same situation. I've been die hard BB since the 7230. I'm due for an upgrade and I'm thinking of the Driod X or Incredible. Its tough to leave the BB community. BBM will be missed. RIM as company has failed keeping up with the market.
    06-23-10 03:48 PM
    The badmouthing of AT&T for dropped calls "because of iPhone data hogging" puzzles me a little. Voice calls use the voice channel and data traffic uses a data channel - and I AFAIK they are managed so that even within 3G a voice call should preempt data if congestion occurs. Fair enough if there's a general congestion problem in certain areas but it seems unlikely to be nationwide. It sounds more like inadequate coverage from existing towers.
    ATT is ok, Verizon is better, but ATT is ok, and depending where in the country you are it can vary. Where Verizon really shines is in rural areas, guess they have more and better maintained towers. I get 3G just about everywhere I go and even where I don't I get something and I get coverage where other's don't. But in the big cities ATT & Verizon are about equal, all 4 of the (big 4) are about equal in the cities.
    06-23-10 04:12 PM
    06-23-10 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD