Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    After using Blackberry's since the 90's (at least 6-7 generations of BB: I had a blue one, I had one since before there was truly an internet and before you could surf the web on it, I had a wheel on the top right corner, I had track balls, I had track pads, the whole gammut!). last week I gave up my Blackberry z10 for an Android phone.

I DO have a reaffirmed high regard for how slick moving around inside a Z10 was - swiping was incredible. That is the only thing and I was over it in 2 days.

I became gradually annoyed enough with BB (points below) and seriously tempted by all the bells, whistles, apps, and superior performance of my new phone (LG G4)

Here are the reasons I left:

The new upgrade to Hub - I hated hub and I had no way to turn it off. I personally enjoyed my work emails to come in under one tab and my personal email to come in under a separate one. BB didn't give me that option it only allowed hub Except when I turned all the Hub connections off- However- I still had to swipe through the hub screen whenever I woke my phone up. Annoying.

Sluggish performance. Bottom line is that BBs are 2 or more generations behind the cutting edge in performance. I've never needed to be first in line for the next gen of tech but come on people - if it launches and it's already 2 generations behind it's dead at the gate.

Loss of Flash on the Browser. And lack of ability to install anything that would allow it.

TERRIBLE Autocorrect. example: Typing "My son is having a great time this year" would always end up "My son is having a great time this by war' and I have no way of fixing that if I hit B instead of Space it just didn't know what I was trying to say. The Speech correction or predictive text or whatever it needs to be called - was terrible.

After the large-ish update 5 months or so ago - the damn phone just absolutely bombed at synching with my Toyota's through bluetooth. I'd hit answer on my steering wheel and it might decide to pick up, might not, but it was always after a 3 second lag. This was never a problem before that update. It was a BB problem with the software - and it meant my clients would be calling me and saying "Hello?? Hello??" thinking I'd hung up on them. My new phone is seamless again.

My new LGG4 - I didn't like the stock keyboard I simply downloaded a new one.

Barely any apps to speak of and the new android apps were terrible on it. Google Maps - come on that was needed. And BBM I still love - I now have on my LG G4 anyhow.

Well that's hopefully some constructive criticism. I'd be happy to consider coming back to BB some day if they managed to put out a phone that was up there in speed and usability but I doubt they can.
    BrettTruett likes this.
    07-09-15 02:48 PM
    "I'd be happy to consider coming back to BB some day if they managed to put out a phone that was up there in speed and usability but I doubt they can."

Yea it's called the Z30 and the Passport.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Last edited by Dave Bourque; 07-09-15 at 04:34 PM.
    07-09-15 02:51 PM
    Well that's hopefully some constructive criticism. I'd be happy to consider coming back to BB some day if they managed to put out a phone that was up there in speed and usability but I doubt they can.
    Not much use for "constructive criticism"... it is what it is, most of us know why you left and don't really blame you. You have to use what works best for you and it that is not a BlackBerry.... that is understandable.
    BrettTruett likes this.
    07-09-15 02:54 PM
    Good on you to come to come on and clearly state reasons why you left. No crime in that, it gives everyone perspective on how someone looks at a phone differently than themselves. It's more meaningful than someone creating a thread by just saying "goodbye blackberry I'm leaving" , these have happened before and that's all they say, meaningless

Posted via CB10
    BrettTruett likes this.
    07-09-15 03:31 PM
    Nothing wrong with your post sir. It all comes down what phone works for the best for you. I just came from Nokia and decided to try something different. I couldn't and didn't want to deal with android for the sake of fact they have terrible battery life. But I won't deny they do have a lot of apps. But as long as you're happy that's all that matters.
    07-09-15 04:32 PM
    Enjoy your new device.
    07-09-15 04:36 PM