For what time period is it for? I have my data showing as 78MB. Is this per month? or since the device was purchased? I have HTML images download turned off and do not download attachments. I have 4 email accounts and get about 15 emails in all per day. BBM usage is limited to 10-15 msgs a day. Isnt 78MB a bit too high?
    05-18-10 06:49 AM
    im pretty sure all the usage in the "buyr" option is from the start of purchasing the phone, not monthly... and 78 megabytes is nothing... not high at all....
    05-18-10 07:08 AM
    It should be from the time the last factory reset was done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 08:07 AM
    I received my current Tour in early March as a warranty replacement. As far as I can tell, it was a brand new unit. No scratches, no fingerprints, no smudges, all the plastic film in place. My data usage today reads 414426.0k. Since I didn't check it the day I got it, I don't know if it started at zero. If it did, then I've used 414MB in two months.
    05-18-10 08:31 AM
    I had my phone up to where it stopped counting bytes, I forget the limit on my Storm 1, maybe a gB. I recently had to get a replacement, it was about 10KB (after all the registration stuff)

I had the other one up into weeks of voice usage, this new one is now still just in the hours.

My BES 8830, on the other hand, just says "IT Policy Enabled" for both voice and data usage
    05-18-10 07:46 PM
    I received my current Tour in early March as a warranty replacement. As far as I can tell, it was a brand new unit. No scratches, no fingerprints, no smudges, all the plastic film in place. My data usage today reads 414426.0k. Since I didn't check it the day I got it, I don't know if it started at zero. If it did, then I've used 414MB in two months.
    warranty replacement phones will be refurbished with brand new parts (housing, trackball, maybe screen....etc). so these phones will have no marks on them at all and all plastics in place.

a refurbished phone should say refurbished in the help me screen with a refurb date.
    05-19-10 12:00 AM
    warranty replacement phones will be refurbished with brand new parts (housing, trackball, maybe screen....etc). so these phones will have no marks on them at all and all plastics in place.

a refurbished phone should say refurbished in the help me screen with a refurb date.
    Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. My replacement Tour has no refurbish info on the Help Me! page, so apparently it is brand new. Oddly though, the black finish has already scuffed off the ridge on the 2E key, exposing the red and white layers and the base material. That's happened in less than two months. It didn't happen in eight months with my original Tour. That makes me wonder if RIM changed a manufacturing process or changed keyboard vendors if the keyboard is out-sourced.
    05-19-10 05:59 AM
    Actually, the refurb info may be in the BUYR menu. I forget where it is, but I'm certain it should be in the help me screen.

As for refurbed devices, as long as the main circuit board and all other parts of the phone are in good working order, I'm very certain they are just re-housed and thoroughly cleaned, then sent back into circulation. They pass a more strict QC, which is why I always say refurbs are just as good, if not better than factory fresh.

05-19-10 06:33 AM
    It should be from the time the last factory reset was done.

Well, using JL_CMNDR to do a "reset to factory" and then a "wipe" does not reset the buyr screen. I just did those last week and I have over 1GB data and like 7 days of voice.
    05-19-10 07:18 AM
    Well, using JL_CMNDR to do a "reset to factory" and then a "wipe" does not reset the buyr screen. I just did those last week and I have over 1GB data and like 7 days of voice.
    You could be right. I just had to factory reset an 8310 and I thought I saw that the voice/data usage were reset. I'll have to check next time I need to do that.
    05-19-10 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD