What happens if the guy stole the phone, sold it on ebay...and the pin is locked?
    I just ordered one from ebay, and a few days later someone told me of a scam of people selling stolen bb's on ebay with the pin locked..

anything i can do if that happens to me?
    05-07-09 04:58 PM
    What happens if the guy stole the phone, sold it on ebay...and the pin is locked?
    I just ordered one from ebay, and a few days later someone told me of a scam of people selling stolen bb's on ebay with the pin locked..

anything i can do if that happens to me?
    File a PayPal dispute. You'll win, just take pictures of the PIN from the "Options > Status" screen. When a PIN doesn't work, instead of the eight characters shown, they are replaced with 8 stars, "********". That's your proof.

Just buy form a credited seller, or check my signature/ PM me, I got more, haha
    05-07-09 05:02 PM
    Thanks, that makes me feel better
    05-07-09 05:05 PM
    That's why I went for a new one despite you can find great prices on eBay!
    05-07-09 05:44 PM
    Always research the ESN on a used phone before purchasing it to make sure there aren't any problems with the phone. If the seller will not give the ESN, look for a different seller.
    05-07-09 07:19 PM
    Always research the ESN on a used phone before purchasing it to make sure there aren't any problems with the phone. If the seller will not give the ESN, look for a different seller.
    or an IMEI for GSM users.
    05-07-09 07:39 PM
    or an IMEI for GSM users.
    Thanks. I forgot to add that.
    05-07-09 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD