Im thinking about buying a Bold from someone i know, the only thing im concerned about is it being Used, is there anything i should worry about?
    01-09-11 01:50 PM
    The major issue is that it is not water/liquid damaged. Additionally, hopefully this someone you know is reliable.
    01-09-11 02:29 PM
    Also, make sure the Bold will be compatible with your carriers network.
    01-09-11 02:35 PM
    The major issue is that it is not water/liquid damaged. Additionally, hopefully this someone you know is reliable.
    Im pretty sure its not, and yea he is iv known him for a while,

Also, make sure the Bold will be compatible with your carriers network.
    Yup its a T Mobile phone Unlocked and its running on the Wind network right now which is what im going to be using
    01-09-11 02:44 PM
    Im pretty sure its not, and yea he is iv known him for a while,

Yup its a T Mobile phone Unlocked and its running on the Wind network right now which is what im going to be using
    You should be gold then. If it's a 9700, make sure you upgrade to the latest OS.
    01-09-11 03:16 PM
    also, make sure your buddy releases the pin# for you from his account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-11 03:26 PM
    also, make sure your buddy releases the pin# for you from his account.

Sorry i don't know that much about BB but what exactly does that do?
    01-09-11 03:54 PM
    Sorry i don't know that much about BB but what exactly does that do?
    well basically its so when you activate the bb in your name & data plan, you can create an account on BLACKBERRY INTERNET SERVER(access link from desk/laptop only) to receive your emails-your pin# gets linked to your account, and if he had an email account & doesn't release the pin, you could wind up getting his emails. So just have him call T-Mo & have the rep "release the pin" from his account.

01-09-11 04:13 PM
    well basically its so when you activate the bb in your name & data plan, you can create an account on BLACKBERRY INTERNET SERVER(access link from desk/laptop only) to receive your emails-your pin# gets linked to your account, and if he had an email account & doesn't release the pin, you could wind up getting his emails. So just have him call T-Mo & have the rep "release the pin" from his account.

OH okay thanks!
    01-09-11 04:25 PM
    OH okay thanks!
    no prob-YW & good luck with the Bold. I really enjoy mine-its a great device!

01-09-11 04:30 PM
    I would suggest you to buy a new one as it will save you from many issues like battery problems, LCD Screen, Blue tooth connections, keypad issues etc
    01-20-11 04:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD