Hi Guys and Gals,

I am new here, and new to the whole Blackberry scene. I am considering buying a used BB curve 8900.

I have a few concerns,

1. The BB apparently has a few scuff and marks on the bezel, I was wondering if the bezel can be replaced, and how easy would it be to replace?

2. I understand that there is a BB Pin that is unique to each BB. Does buying a used BB not allow me to take advantage of the advantages provided by the Pin?

Is there anything else I should know or ask about before buying a used BB?

Thanks everyone
    GS
    05-10-09 11:00 PM
    do you know the person selling you the berry
    and yes you can just about replace your whole blackberry
    and if the esn number is clean you should be able to do everything you want with that berry
    05-10-09 11:04 PM
    Thanks for the reply bx2md.

I don't know the person that I am buying the BB from. I am getting it from craigslist.

Is there any way to check if the esn number is clean?
    05-10-09 11:58 PM
    Ask the seller for the esn or imei number and then check it with their provider. Tmobile probably.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 12:07 AM
    Make sure the esn is clean by calling the service provider. Get the device esn number from the seller. Housing, betel, trackball, etc can all be replaced fairly easily.

Good Luck!
    05-11-09 12:46 AM
    just be careful and just don't go for a cheap price cuz it may cost you more than its worth
    05-11-09 01:14 AM
    osofast, you had a question about the pin, you can call your provider and they can have the PIN number changed for you. Hope that helps with at least one of your questions. Good luck with your new or soon to be new BB.
    05-11-09 01:47 AM
    You could always have the seller meet you at the cell provider store to be safe. Just a thought.
    05-11-09 01:53 AM
    osofast, you had a question about the pin, you can call your provider and they can have the PIN number changed for you. Hope that helps with at least one of your questions. Good luck with your new or soon to be new BB.
    PIN #s are device specific and cannot be changed.

You could always have the seller meet you at the cell provider store to be safe. Just a thought.
    Good advice. If the phone cannot be activated, no deal, no money.
    05-11-09 02:32 AM
    Thanks for all the advice guys! I bought a Blackberry Curve 8900, had the IMEI checked out, everything is clear.

However, I am having some problems with the device.

1. The screen has a fairly noticeable scratch (that I only noticed after I bought the damn thing on a white background) I was wondering if the screen can be replaced?

2. The wifi doesn't seem to be connecting. If I go really close to my router (like right beside it) it gets a very weak connection. But if I stand even 5 feet away, I lose the connection. Does this mean there is something wrong with the wifi antenna?

Thanks in advance!
    05-11-09 05:29 PM
    Thanks for all the advice guys! I bought a Blackberry Curve 8900, had the IMEI checked out, everything is clear.

However, I am having some problems with the device.

1. The screen has a fairly noticeable scratch (that I only noticed after I bought the damn thing on a white background) I was wondering if the screen can be replaced?

2. The wifi doesn't seem to be connecting. If I go really close to my router (like right beside it) it gets a very weak connection. But if I stand even 5 feet away, I lose the connection. Does this mean there is something wrong with the wifi antenna?

Thanks in advance!

Check out the 8900 forums, but to answer your first question, you may wanna check out cnn.cn for all your replacement/aftermarket parts needs. They are in Hong Kong so shipping takes a little longer than quoted, but still very reasonable.

Have you updated the software yet? Hopefully it works out, but like i said before check out the 8900 threads for more info or to ask specific device questions.

Good Luck!
    05-11-09 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD