I'm watching a "slightly used" 9330 on ebay.

I contacted the seller to get the esn so I could verify that the phone could be activated without problems.

The response I received was this: " Sorry cannot give that out, I had a phone hijacked that way"

This sounds fishy to me. Is it really possible to hijack a phone using an esn? I've never heard of any such thing but there is a lot about BlackBerry that I don't know.

Is this person trying to sell a non functional device? Or perhaps stolen?

Whatever the reason there is no way I'm not going to buy a used phone if I can't verify the esn.
    02-12-11 07:00 PM
    I wouldn't give my ESN out when selling a phone either. Nothing has ever happened to me in the past, but you never know who the buyer is, and what they are capable of. Once an ESN is out, in the wrong hands....quite a bit can be done with it.
    02-12-11 07:09 PM
    There is only one 9330 listed at this time, the seller has 99.7% positive on over 1500 items. Most of their listings are Warfare and Nazi related books, so that may not be a fair comparison.

The seller does state that it has a clean ESN. PayPal and buyers protection has you covered.
    02-12-11 07:15 PM
    There is only one 9330 listed at this time, the seller has 99.7% positive on over 1500 items. Most of their listings are Warfare and Nazi related books, so that may not be a fair comparison.

The seller does state that it has a clean ESN. PayPal and buyers protection has you covered.
    There must be more than one 9330. The seller I'm dealing with has a 100% feedback rating and past sales are for various US Cellular phones.

I forgot about PayPal buyer protection.
    02-12-11 07:42 PM
    Use a cc through paypal and you have any seller by the nugs. the way eBay has it set up now a seller that uses that method of payment almost can't lose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-11 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD