Hey guys,

I'm currently living in Sweden, and since my iphone doesn't work here and I was getting pretty fed up with it anyways, I want to switch to the bb curve. I cancelled my account with AT&T since they obviously can't cover me here in Sweden. I know I can get my iphone unlocked, but the several attempts I've made at the local phone-jailbreaking shops have been unsuccessful so far..

My question is, can I walk into an AT&T store in the US (I'm coming back for thanksgiving) and buy a blackberry curve (I'm thinking 8320) without any kind of attachments? I know it would be more expensive, but I'm okay with that. Will I be able to pop in my swedish gsm card and register the pin with my swedish carrier without any resistance from AT&T?

I'm looked at the ebay route, but I'm really nervous about getting a device where the PIN is already registered somewhere else. One of the main reasons I want the BB is so I can message all my BB-carrying friends in the US for free, so this function is highly valuable for me.

Also, since the 8320 is "world ready", I shouldn't have any problems using it in Sweden, right?

Thanks for your help!!
    11-02-09 07:33 AM
    I'm not sure they will sell it to you if you don't have an account. Contact them:
    Mobiltelefoner och Smartphones - eXpansys Sverige

They have offices everywhere.
    11-02-09 08:46 AM
    Thanks for your reply David! That's a great website, have you personally purchased from them? Are they selling brand new, unbranded blackberries or do they have refurbished items? I've never heard of them before so I'd love to get your feedback.

it would be so much cheaper for me to buy the phone in the US though.. On their website they do show a quote for "without contract", which should mean no strings attached I would assume.. Although perhaps it's only for AT&T customers.. I should have waited a couple of weeks to cancel my AT&T account, my service with them ended a few days ago!
    11-02-09 08:56 AM
    What do you guys say about ebay? I tried to post a link but since I'm a newbie the system won't let me

the seller has sold a BUNCH of blackberries and has a 99% approval rating. When I ask them directly if they can guarantee that the pin is unregistered they say "yes, pin is cleared, phone is brand new".
    11-02-09 09:01 AM
    I got one from the US store without any problems. Why don't you go in a T-mobile store in the US and get the 8520? They will sell it to you without an account and it's like an 8320 but it has the new track pad and way more memory. and it has Wi-Fi, Quad band...

Use them to unlock it: HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center � they will send you the code via email.
    11-02-09 09:04 AM
    David, so what you're saying is that even if I would buy one without contract from T-mobile/ATT, I would still need to unlock it to be able to use it with my swedish gsm card?

Sorry, this is all very new to me.. And very confusing!!
    11-02-09 09:07 AM
    Yes, they both will be locked. Expansys sells them new, unlocked and unbranded.
    11-02-09 09:11 AM
    ahh, got it. Thank you so much!!
    11-02-09 09:35 AM
    Swedeness,

I do not know off hand if the Blackberry Pearl 8110 is a World phone or not but I have an Unlocked brand new never used, never hooked up to a PC, never hooked up to Desktop Manager and the PIN is clean becuase it has never been registered.

It is a replacement through insurance to one that was stolen that I do not need as I have Blackberry Bold 9000 and Blackberry Pearl 8100.

Details
    Item : WTS: NIB Unlocked 8110 Blackberry Titanium Pearl
    Price : $200 plus standard shipping
    Currency : USD
    Condition : 10/10 New Never Used
    Includes : Blackberry Leather Case, 1 Red Rubber Case, 1 Pink Rubber Case, Blackberry Charger, Blackberry USB, Blackberry Headphones, Owner's Manual, Blackberry Disc

Selling Details
    Willing to Ship : Yes
    Payment Methods : PayPal, Money Order

Notes
    Brand new in box Unlocked AT&T Blackberry 8110 Titanium Pearl. Comes with all factory in box items as listed above and along with the factory leather case it comes with 1 red and 1 pink rubber cases.
    OS Version 4.5.158 Platform 2.7.0.106. Never used, never hooked up to Desktop Manager or PC. Only turned on to Unlock the phone then back in box.
    11-02-09 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD