View Poll Results: Do you purchase themes

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 31.20%
  • No

86 68.80%
    That is precisely where I am. For some themes I can buy 2 good apps. I would
    have no issue with making a donation to a developer however. I wish one or two
    of them had a button to do so.
    Indeed, that would be great.
    03-11-09 08:18 PM
    i couldnt justify purchasing them when there are free ones.
    03-11-09 10:06 PM
    I'm with you on this one AG. There are so many free themes out there that I have too many to choose from without having to pay for them. I get tired of them way too easily to blow cash like that!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 10:39 PM
    Where can you access free themes?
    03-11-09 10:42 PM
    Where can you access free themes?
    There r so many sites with Free and Premium themes.
    Black Light Themes Forum - Powered by vBulletin
    Cool BlackBerry Themes
    http://blackberrythemepark.com
    Viral Electronics
    Free BlackBerry Themes, BlackBerry Storm Themes, Curve Themes, Pearl Themes - GemBlock
    Just to name a few.

follow me on Twitter / krisztibi
    03-11-09 11:13 PM
    Well I'm not going to say never, so I don't think I'll ever buy a theme. As many themes that I have found for free. I would consider paying for a theme if they're well done, but what I like the most is having the option to donate what I can.
    As long as I'm financial unable to afford a theme, I'm comfortable saying that I won't be buy much of anything these days.

03-12-09 12:16 AM
    I definitely rock the free themes, but like liestarter said, never gonna say never. I do, however, donate to those that make the good ones.
    03-12-09 12:20 AM
    Why buy, when u can have it for free..

but i'm still looking for Scribble themes for bb 8310
    03-12-09 01:28 AM
    I've purchased a few themes or left donations, but, not very often.
    03-14-09 06:14 PM
    A buck or two I would have no issue with, but there are themes that cost
    more than fully functioning apps. I just don't get paying for them. Especially
    considering, from what I've seen here, they are in no way permanent.

Spot on my friend, you read my mind...
    03-14-09 06:16 PM
    No because I only use the standard theme.
    03-14-09 06:51 PM
    I have changed my theme many times since getting my BB not all that long ago. However, I find that I always come back to the Zen theme that was the default.

I have found some neat looking themes but there is always one or two issues that turn me off. So no, I don't see myself ever paying for a theme.

03-14-09 07:42 PM
    I have changed my theme many times since getting my BB not all that long ago. However, I find that I always come back to the Zen theme that was the default.

I have found some neat looking themes but there is always one or two issues that turn me off. So no, I don't see myself ever paying for a theme.

I like that theme as well. You cannot go wrong with that. Plus, the price is great.
    03-14-09 07:48 PM
    i personally would pay for theme and have. The thing is this, i would prefer if could try a theme out say for 3 days, and after 3 days, i either have to pay for it, or i can not use it any more. (typical to some software that you can get on the CB app. store.) I cant tell from just a photo if i will really like it or not.
    03-14-09 07:53 PM
    If I ever pay for a theme it better be leaps and bounds over all the others I have not paid for. I would be okay paying for one but nothing outrageous.
    03-14-09 07:54 PM
    I'm noticing themes are pushing up to almost the "just under $10" point. Now, that's gettin' kinda shaky, even if you're really tight with your design, and functionality - I mean NO text running over, NO too-light/wrong color text for the background (so I can actually read my calendar entries on the homescreen), etc. It (the design) needs to be unique and well-thought-out, tested thoroughly and...flawless (or as close to it as possible).

Looking at the poll results, the majority will not buy a theme. That's interesting, and it means that theme designers are going to have to bring something new and fresh, to get folks to part with the cash.

I've slowed down on my theme purchases, cuz I've just about covered it all. I'm always looking for creative themes.
    03-14-09 08:03 PM
    i personally would pay for theme and have. The thing is this, i would prefer if could try a theme out say for 3 days, and after 3 days, i either have to pay for it, or i can not use it any more. (typical to some software that you can get on the CB app. store.)
    That is an excellent idea
    03-14-09 08:12 PM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD