View Poll Results: Do you purchase themes

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 31.20%
  • No

86 68.80%
    I could never understand paying for themes when there are so many quality
    ones out there for free. What say you all?
    03-09-09 11:38 PM
    I'm a poor (and cheap) college student, so no, I choose not to pay for themes. I do, however, understand that it takes a lot of time, skill, and patience to create a GOOD theme, so I totally understand if the creator wants to get paid for his/her time and talent.
    03-09-09 11:40 PM
    JC Designs are poorly made, and over priced. Free, thanks.
    03-09-09 11:44 PM
    I'm a poor (and cheap) college student, so no, I choose not to pay for themes. I do, however, understand that it takes a lot of time, skill, and patience to create a GOOD theme, so I totally understand if the creator wants to get paid for his/her time and talent.
    Agreed and let the record show that I am not criticizing any developer that
    charges for their work (some moron at the end of this will want to remind of
    this without having read the entire thread).

I am just curious as to where the membership leans on this matter. Nothing more.
    03-09-09 11:45 PM
    I think the time invested by the programmer for some themes is worth a buck or two
    03-09-09 11:46 PM
    I buy themes when I really really like them and have to have it. I've even had custom themes made for me by other theme designers. I'm always willing to pay for something that will make my bb look hot!
    03-09-09 11:49 PM
    I think the time invested by the programmer for some themes is worth a buck or two
    A buck or two I would have no issue with, but there are themes that cost
    more than fully functioning apps. I just don't get paying for them. Especially
    considering, from what I've seen here, they are in no way permanent.
    03-09-09 11:51 PM
    One person's garbage is another person's treasure. Pure silliness, it seems. If someone wishes to buy something for a few bucks, terrific, if not, terrific as well. I'm curious about the curiosity.
    03-09-09 11:52 PM
    I have never paid for a theme and the only way I would if it were a theme that was created for me personally and to my exact specs. Then I would pay no problem, thankfully with so many great theme makers out there I have stumbled upon many that are nearly perfect for my tastes so to date paying has never presented itself as an option for me.

Sup AG
    03-09-09 11:54 PM
    I wouldn't pay for any themes because no matter how many or what type they are I alway end up goung back to my sprint zen themes, lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 11:55 PM
    Purchased the 8900 replica theme last week. Another way to support the CB store as well I guess.
    03-10-09 12:05 AM
    Never pay!

03-10-09 12:30 AM
    ive only bought two themes, but ive downloaded plenty of free ones. while the free ones are nice, you really get what you pay for. and since i would consider myself a stickler for details, the themes that cost money cover all the little things. i am a working college student also, but a couple bucks never hurt.
    03-10-09 12:50 AM
    I've only paid for one theme. The hedone design osx like theme. I love the way it looks and functions
    03-10-09 12:53 AM
    I don't because, well, there are so many free themes out there that are good. Sometimes you can look around to get the one that you want for free anyways.
    03-10-09 12:54 AM
    I have paid for a theme and will do so again if I see a theme I like. Free is nice and all...but I have yet to see a theme that I like more than the one I purchased.

03-10-09 12:55 AM
    especially after the storm titanium themes were released? and the appleberry? for free? i wouldn't pay again. these themes are better than a lot of the themes i have seen people pay for.
    03-10-09 01:50 AM
    Bought a couple when I first started BBing but then when I saw how many good free ones there were, I quit that real quick. Now, I just make my own to my liking and download a free one every once in a while if I have to have it.
    03-10-09 02:18 AM
    I do not buy themes. I make my own. I only keep a theme maybe for a half day if I buy theme changing themes as I do... would cost me a lot of money. Lot of money I do not have. That is why I took up theme making. I tend to get bored easily with a particular themes.
    03-10-09 02:37 AM
    Used to be 'free' only but after a few downloads which for the record were very good, there was always a little something missing or not quite right. Bought OSX and Se7en from Hedone and you do pay for what you get, its the little details and I'll be sticking with these two for a while. But there have been some amazing free ones coming out. I think unless its custom made I think its always gonna be difficult justifying paying. Although some monetary appreciation for someone's time and effort never hurts.

03-10-09 03:09 AM
    Yeah you get what you pay for. I've bought a couple, they are awesome.

03-10-09 03:32 AM
    I've yet to find a theme that I prefer over the ones that came on my berry, I would doubt I'd be prepared to pay for something that I may ultimately not like...
    03-10-09 03:51 AM
    My opinion on this is... if I can find a good variety of free ones on here, I'm happy. I did buy 1 theme a few months back here on CB. But I was dissapointed with it when I saw it on my phone. So I deleted it and took the $7 loss. I just won't do it again.

More and more people are making themes that look better than the ones in the CB store, giving more reason to go the free route.
    03-10-09 04:46 AM
    there are lots of awesome free themes out there, and i was never a fan of paying for themes (but will definitely donate if i like the theme a lot). i did however, buy hedone's osx theme, and the detail is amazing on that. i don't foresee me buying another theme too soon (happy with what i have), but i may buy another from hedone if i upgrade my phone...
    03-10-09 08:56 AM
    i wouldn't buy themes, ringtones, RBT.

there are plenty of free ones available on crackberry!

i never change my theme or wallpaper. L theme with same wallpaper for 6 months. i like consistency. it's not important enough for me to pay for. if so, i would gladly. i pay for things like GPS...

i'm boring
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-10-09 at 09:01 AM.
    03-10-09 08:58 AM
92 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD