Quad band touch screen Wifi cell phone TV Mobile 9670 R - eBay (item 270662796992 end time Jan-11-11 00:52:14 PST)

After seeing this in the 9670 forum, it gave me an idea. With Verizon, you can't use any of these phones. Is there any way you can buy cheap phones from China/etc that would work on Verizon? Even though they're knockoffs, you can't say that there isn't some appeal behind buying a $100 BB.
    01-02-11 12:19 PM
    No there is not as Verizon uses CDMA technology and only SIM cards (GSM) will work on the China phones.
    01-02-11 12:21 PM
    Verizon will not activate any non Verizon branded handset, no way around it.

There is no way that I would buy that piece of garbage. It's a complete waste of $100 or whatever they are going for.
    01-02-11 12:21 PM
    Just like HeavyFluid said, save your money I've used a cheap knock-off before from China and it really broke on me in about 3 weeks of use. At least I got mine for $10
    01-02-11 12:26 PM
    i work on a container ship that goes to china every month and i see people buy those knockoffs in china and i have yet to hear of one working in the u.s. or do much of anything else. i have not tried one because i think the ones they bring to the ship cost way too much for an obvious knockoff.
    01-03-11 12:41 AM
    I know a phone won't work on verizon unless it has the verizon logo on the phone because they use specific ESN numbers. LOL not trying to sound ignorant here but isn't it all made in china? On my original Moto Droid box it definately said made in china, and my HTC Incredible says made in taiwan on the box.
    01-03-11 12:55 AM
    Also, the radiation will fry your head by the first call :P
    01-03-11 01:29 AM
    You get what you pay for :P
    01-03-11 03:37 AM
    I know a phone won't work on verizon unless it has the verizon logo on the phone because they use specific ESN numbers. LOL not trying to sound ignorant here but isn't it all made in china? On my original Moto Droid box it definately said made in china, and my HTC Incredible says made in taiwan on the box.
    Anything made in china is probably done under possibe slave labor. And it's 90% off the market price we see in stores/offered by carriers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-11 05:19 AM
    China phones, knockoffs name it what you want. Just don't buy it! It's a huge waste of money. Stick with the real deals (ORIGINALS). Just my 2 cents.
    01-03-11 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD