I am looking at the Blackberry Curve (8310) on ebay and was wondering if any one had a seller they recommend, or better, one to stay away from. I can get it for about � of retail. Has anyone bought one recently? On another thread someone was saying they had good luck buying that way. I still can�t find mine and have been downgraded to an old LG until I can replace it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    07-23-08 04:31 PM
    I have bought and sold phones on Ebay, never had a problem...BUT, I always make sure if I am buying that their feedback is all positive. You will do well with the Power Sellers.
    Good luck, I think I would have gone nuts if I had to be that long without mine...
    07-23-08 04:35 PM
    You need to be careful. Personally, I would NOT buy off of ebay. And a few other members say the same. It could have water damage, have a IT Policy, etc. But that's me. You may purchase this and everything be great. Its just my opinion. I prefer Craigslist. GL with whatever you decide.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 04:37 PM
    I agree with the previous reply. I was questioning the prices and conditions on Ebay. I purchased this 8830 on Craigslist with no problems. At least its local and you can contact the seller if the phone isn't any good. Glad I didn't have to. Good Luck!

07-23-08 08:20 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/ look here also
    07-23-08 08:30 PM
    I wanted a new device, one with the factory seals intact. That is exactly what a power seller was offering and delivered.

You can have confidance that a respectable seller will deliver exactly what is promised. If there are any disputes, PayPal is the sheriff. Sellers are motivated to stay on their good side.

Craigslist is less safe. Once the cash has changed hands, there is no recourse.

07-23-08 08:33 PM
    Hi. Whether you get your Curve through eBay, CraigList or Walmart, they all have their pros and cons. In April I got my Pearl and a few days ago, the red Sprint Curve- both from eBay. If you choose eBay, just remember that power sellers with positive ratings is the way to go.

Personally I've never been moved by craiglist. There is no protection for the buyer; just a transaction that can be good or bad.
    07-23-08 08:36 PM
    I've bought tons of things from Ebay and only once did it
    go wrong. Seller forgot batteries were in camera and they
    corroded, but he made it right.

Never used CraigsList, but glad those of you who have pointed
    out the transaction protection issue.
    07-23-08 08:43 PM
    The curves are going really cheaply now that they r making room for Bold,etc. If u don't mind contracts. I saw one for 49 bucks.

If u go ebay, as others have said, go powerseller. U should be fine.

07-23-08 09:15 PM
    I just bought mine on ebay. paid the same price as the ones listed on craigslist. I went with ebay because like others have said, its a little safer. I was skeptical to buy the one I did at first, but after talking with the seller through messages, I became very confident. So I would say talk to the seller if you have doubts, they will be more than willing to help out.
    07-23-08 09:42 PM
    You can find brand new phones on ebay.

07-24-08 06:27 AM
    I agree. But, as always, it' a "Buyer Be Aware" Market on the Net. IMHO, this works for me on ebay. As stated before, research the seller and make a list of questions that you may have about the device and e-mail the seller "before" purchasing from the seller. The majority of the reputable Power Sellers will not have a problem answering your questions. I purchased my 1st Curve on ebay with no issues, I asked the seller a ish load of questions- almost to the point of harassment. The seller did not get POed at me. If so, I would have taken "my money" to another seller.

Above all, be patient and do not assume anything because you want to buy the berry - last week. Getting caught up in the excitement of the purchase will cause some to make errors in judgment. Again, this works for me and is my opinion

I have bought and sold phones on Ebay, never had a problem...BUT, I always make sure if I am buying that their feedback is all positive. You will do well with the Power Sellers.
    Good luck, I think I would have gone nuts if I had to be that long without mine...
    07-24-08 07:18 AM
    I've purchased three BBs via craigslist in the last month. Two Pearls and one Curve. While I have shopped on eBay for lots of things over the years, I do like dealing face to face with buyers through craigslist as well. There are pros and cons in both scenarios. We've all heard of chargebacks from unscrupulous buyers, and also sellers that have not lived up to their ends of the deal on eBay. There are similar issues with craigslist too. One just has to be as diligent as possible and to have some trust and some luck. I've been lucky but I could just as easily have been not so lucky.

The first Pearl I got was physically as described but what was missing in the description is that it came from the home of a smoker and it reeked of cigarettes. I cleaned it up and aired it out as best I could and it was fine. I ended up selling it off very soon after I got it since once I had an opportunity to really play with a BB, I realized I wanted the Curve. I sold it via listing it on craigslist. I met with the buyers at a local mall and allowed them to test their at&t SIM in the (unlocked) T-Mobile Pearl. It worked as it was supposed to and they were quite happy.

Next up I got a Curve. It came in the original box with everything that it was originally sold with. The seller also provided me with a copy of the original store receipt (it listed the matching IMEI on it) showing that it was originally purchased back in February. I have that receipt in case of any warranty issues in the future. This is my everyday unit for now and is working just fine.

The third one I picked up just to have to play around with. I got a relatively cheap Pearl with a broken battery door. The battery door issue was not in the listing on craigslist but I was able to see it when I went to meet the buyer. I also saw all the scratches on the unit (not enough to dissuade me from getting it). I'd also been told it would be brought charged so that I could insert my SIM and test it out. The seller brought it with a dead battery. I decided to take a chance anyway but adjusted my offer price accordingly. The person accepted my offer anyway. I've cleaned it up, upgraded it to OS 4.5, ordered a new battery door and silicone case from a seller on Amazon for $15 (total, delivered), and it is working perfectly. Not sure if I will keep it as a backup or sell it off. Probably will sell it and use the money towards a Bold once they are shipping.

My point in all of this is there is an advantage to being able to look the person you are dealing with in the eye and to examine the merchandise before you hand over your cash. Yes you can certainly get burned, but you can either way (eBay, craigslist, seller on Amazon, etc.).

Good luck.

A.
    07-24-08 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD