Hello all-

Great site you have created!

I have a friend in Hong Kong and I am looking to buy a BB Tour or Curve.

I need to know if it is possible to have her purchase a bb phone (CDMA, i believe) for me and have it activated on my telus plan.

Is this at all possible or am I dreaming.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 08-04-09 at 12:23 PM. Reason: off topic comment
    08-04-09 11:43 AM
    The Tour will work in Hong Kong because it has quad-band GSM and 2100 for UMTS which will work great in Hong Kong because the GSM carriers over there use GSM. But you need to see if you can the Tour unlocked from Telus. If Telus can't unlock the Tour, you're going to have to pay $60 CAD for Horizon Wireless to unlock it. The Tour is the only BlackBerry from Telus that will work in Hong Kong.

E: If you want your friend in Hong Kong to buy you a phone for Telus, she has to buy the phone off of eBay and have the shipping address as your shipping address. She can't buy a phone in Hong Kong and give it to you to use it because it will be a GSM phone and Telus uses CDMA.
    Last edited by godzilla07; 08-04-09 at 12:11 PM.
    08-04-09 12:09 PM
    Telus often refuses to add non-Telus branded phones to their system. I would call in and check with them to make sure they will allow it otherwise you'll be stuck with a phone and no carrier.

If they say they will, make sure they make a note of it in your file.
    Last edited by RedNightHawk; 08-04-09 at 12:13 PM.
    08-04-09 12:10 PM
    so you dont think that Hong Kong or Thailand has CDMA BB's for purchase?
    08-04-09 12:40 PM
    Double check with telus that the ESN checks out and everything is fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 01:40 PM
    so you dont think that Hong Kong or Thailand has CDMA BB's for purchase?
    Not at all because CDMA does not exist in Hong Kong or Thailand. GSM is the world standard.
    08-04-09 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD