Hey everyone, I have a quick question.

I'm going to be picking up a Tour on Sprint today for my mom at Best Buy. They currently have a $99.99 upgrade price so now is the best time to upgrade her from her current BB Curve.

The thing is, I will be going to best buy myself, without her, and making the purchase/upgrade. She is not able to go with me, but can meet me later on in the day. Best Buy told me it is not possible to buy the phone, sign the new 2 year agreement and not activate the Tour. I don't want it to be activated yet because I'm not meeting with my mom until much later and she can not be without her blackberry for that long.

If I bought the new Tour, had them activate it on her line, and then immediately called Sprint and had them put her Curve ESN back on as the current line until I meet up with her later in the day, will that work?

I don't want there to be a long interruption in her service (phone/email/sms). And then later today, when I finally meet up with her, I will call back and have them activate the Tour again on her line and she will use the Tour from this point forward.

I know you all are probable saying it would be easier for her just to come with me to Best Buy and do it, but it is more complicated than that, so I'll just leave it at that.

By the way the account is in my name so there will not be any problems with authorization, FYI. Thanks in advance.
    10-24-09 08:45 AM
    that will work. I do it all the time at verizon, since her phone already has all the correct programming for her number when they put her curve esn back on it will work immediately without any need of any other steps.
    10-24-09 09:25 AM
    If I understand, on Verizon, you can do it ONLINE by yourself??? Maybe Sprint has an option like that, too?
    10-24-09 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD