Hi all,

(Tried to do a search for this first, and either I'm actually asking a question that hasn't been asked before, or I didn't search for the right thing. Anyway, if there are indeed threads on this topic, my feelings won't be hurt if you just point me in the right direction...)

I love my Berry, really I do. When I'm at home or at work or anywhere but on the Metro I can stay busy with stuff (online browsing, Facebook, Google Maps, etc) and BBM and I have become fast friends.

There's one thing that get me down though and thats when I'm on the Metro (Subway/train/etc...) Anytime I'm underground and without data, the number of things I can do to keep me occupied drops dramatically. Other than Brickbreaker and reading old emails, I don't have anything on my phone that fits the bill. (Other than Brickbreaker of course and I'm not very good at it). That's when my jealousy of those on the Metro near me with phones on Verizon kicks into high gear. **By the way why is it that only Verizon is underground here? Come on TMobile step it up!**

So this is where you step in. What programs/apps are you all using that don't use data? Keep in mind that I'm using a Tmobile Curve so I can't put heavy apps on there.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Nubiancooki; 12-31-08 at 07:36 PM.
    12-31-08 07:33 PM
    Have you looked into other games? I have pacman and bubblepopper, they are entertaining. You could always upload videos to watch.
    12-31-08 07:37 PM
    Maybe you could read a book.
    12-31-08 08:23 PM
    Nubiancooki - sounds like Washington DC, where I go to work every day. Verizon has a contract with Metro to be the sole carrier with undergreound cell repeaters. So when I'm on Metero, I do all the normal things! :-)
    Have you checked Handango? I don't have the link handy but they have tons of games. I've downloaded Tetris and play it quite a bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 08:44 PM
    minna- good ideas, I can do some videos (now I need to find out how to put videos on my berry, lol)

Reparkable- yeah I do that, but sometimes I want to play with my phone

jbeachy- yup, good ol DC- gotta figure out what kind of games I can add without having battery pull issues. As it is I have to do it daily....annoying!

Thanks for all the advice, keep em coming!
    01-01-09 10:20 AM
    I usually fire up games on my ipod touch when that happens. I miss being on Verizon. I was able to do work while in the tunnel but not anymore. Tmo can afford to have all these athletes as spokespersons why don't they cut them off and get better equipment/add more.
    01-01-09 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD