I was thinking of this the other day. I have noticed a lot of RIM customers with the older blackberries switching to the i phone.. I think if RIM marketed the new os7 phones to their exhisting clients, or even there new superphones a little more, and maybe offered a deal on the data plan for a few months to entice their clients to stay that may help retain some people. They should also advertise BBm music and the serach bbm feature, which i think is pretty cool....Just a thought...... any other ideas?
    Last edited by Tank1978; 11-30-11 at 10:29 AM.
    11-30-11 10:27 AM
    I think thats a great idea! Most of the people jumping ship to other platforms usually have an older Blackberry with OS 5 or below.

Surprisingly, many people don't even know about OS 7 or the new Bold 9900/9930
    11-30-11 04:39 PM
    That is a Carrier thing
    Not a RIM thing, RIM offers a Trade in Value on your old BB's for new ones, that is the best they can do with that.

BBMM. I agree they need to push, Free for 6 months with OS7 devices
    11-30-11 05:20 PM
    I rarely receive emails from RIM about new features or phones

They have a checkbox to "Receive news about upcoming products....etc.", I checked it and so far received only one email If BB users aren't receiving emails they're missing a golden opportunity.

I think people receiving emails about the latest and greatest from RIM would probably stay with BB.

I would like to see someone from RIM talk about what they do to market products and new features, I'm not seeing it
    11-30-11 05:50 PM
    RIMs marketing and PR is horrible. I love my blackberry and will continue to use their products but I do my homework, research and love technology news and reviews in general. The general population doesn't. If all they see is iphone ads and carrier ads for Andriod what's going to be on their minds when they walk into the store?
    11-30-11 05:54 PM
    They have just started a new PR team at RIM. And they are changing marketing company's apparently so things could change for the good, a few RIM people are very active on twitter,
    11-30-11 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD