I was able to open pdf email attachments when I was using the os .75 and even when I used the leaked .132. But since I upgraded to the official .148 I'm not being able to view them anymore. Does not the storm comes with the pdf viewers already preinstalled?
    Any help will be really appreciated! Thanks
    07-01-09 08:31 AM
    There is no pdf viewer on the Storm (pretty sure that's for all BB's) unless you add a free or paid one. However, you should be able to view any pdf attachments that come to you as email. I just checked mine (running .148) and I was able to open the pdf attachment fine. Have you tried a battery pull?
    07-01-09 09:00 AM
    yes , and I'm still not able to view them yet.
    07-01-09 09:26 AM
    I suspect, somewhere in the upgrade, you Storm did not receive the BlackBerry Attachment Viewer code.

That can be corrected by manualy selecting it in Applications Loader.

That will allow you to view PDF (and other) documents when attached to an email message. It does not work with saved documents, for that, you will need to subscribe to a service like BeamBerry.
    07-01-09 10:47 AM
    Odd that you can view a .pdf if its an attachment, but not as a saved file on your BB. Easy work around: e-mail yourself the saved .pdf to view it.
    07-01-09 11:28 AM
    That is easy if you only have a few pdf's that need to keep on hand. If your business deals heavily in them, it can be a problem. I'm a big RIM fan, but they need to put more effort into working something out with Adobe.
    07-01-09 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD