I sure would love to see BlackBerry integrate a secure password manager right into the OS... one that could not only store my passwords, but would be intelligent enough to be able to just log me into to various apps, web sites, etc (provided i gave it permission to do so obviously and that app devs had an API to integrate with). I would trust BlackBerry with something like that, would you? It would be a killer feature!
    08-15-14 01:46 PM
    Try Password Keeper from BB world. Native and does just what you describe.

c
    08-15-14 02:39 PM
    how does Password Keeper log you into sites and apps?
    08-15-14 03:04 PM
    It doesn't. But it securely stores your username, password, website address, any notes you want to add... It even generates secure passwords for you, and has the ability to copy passwords.
    08-15-14 03:09 PM
    Yeah, that's not what I meant... something OS level that could log in for me, not just a password manager..

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 03:14 PM
    Why even have any passwords then?.. I can imagine the drama unfolding as soon as you lose your phone.

I'm gonna sit back with my popcorn & watch ;-)

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 05:14 PM
    I don't see the need in this request. How does that even help security? So if someone has access to your phone they automatically have access to all your other accounts. Perfect
    08-15-14 05:24 PM
    You should look into Symple id

Be proud - BlackBerry by Choice
    08-15-14 05:26 PM
    I have been into the tech scene from the early days of CPM and I don't believe in programs that manage and store you personal passwords.

I have always written mine down and kept a copy of my current ones being used locked in my safe or hidden in a safe place.

With all the latest news about hacks and snooping bugs that have been hidden for years before being discovered, no thanks.

To me, the human brain is the best place to store a password and so far I haven't seen a program that can hack it, for now.

Sent using the CB forums app.
    08-16-14 06:09 AM
    I don't see the need in this request. How does that even help security? So if someone has access to your phone they automatically have access to all your other accounts. Perfect
    It helps security because you can use very complicated passwords (random with many characters including caps, lowercase, symbols, etc.) and a different password for each of your different services/websites. It is very difficult for humans to remember those kinds of passwords, especially if you change them regularly. Thus, in most cases people just use simple passwords, or worse, just use the same password across all services/websites.

A password manager makes it easier to have unique, complicated passwords, which makes it more difficult for someone elsewhere in the world to figure out your passwords and hack into your services. Password managers can often be enhanced with two factor authentication through services like Google Authenticator too, making them more secure - even if someone knows your password, they can't get through without the second factor.

I think a built in password manager on BB10 would be awesome. Just set up a password to unlock your phone and make sure you set up the ability to remote lock and wipe the phone. That would keep your phone mostly secure, while the password manager protects you from all the hackers in the world who don't physically have your phone, but want to figure out your passwords. They are the more likely threat when it comes to password security.

The convenience of auto filling in passwords on the device would be nice.
    08-16-14 08:53 AM