I thought about this before when I had my 9900, and now REALLY would love this feature that no one else has...it would be amazing to have Shazam built natively into the OS. It would be amazing if you could just launch the Voice Control and have music playing and then the Shazam component built in will detect the song and tell you information about the song directly in the Voice Control App.
    dentynefire likes this.
    02-16-13 11:33 AM
    That's a really good idea. That way you don't have to leave the app your in and go look for shazam which by then the song you want would be over. You can just shazam from where you are. That's a great idea right there. I would pay for shazam for that feature alone unlike how it is on my 9930 now when you have to pay. They have a great opportunity with what you just said
    02-16-13 01:43 PM
    This is a great idea!
    02-16-13 05:37 PM
    Definitely Love this Idea. I Have to have Shazam when it comes to the US launch. I have it for the 9900, and I hope BlackBerry is listening!!
    02-16-13 09:25 PM
    I wouldn't hold my breath.. I have no idea what the payment was from RIM to Shazam's developers last year when they gave the app away "compliments of blackberry" to millions of people, but i'm sure it was significant.. and despite that, they haven't even bothered to port shazam to blackberry 10, never mind build a native app.. call it a hunch but I would say going to that extreme level of customization is pretty unlikely..

Neat idea though..
    02-16-13 09:59 PM
    Devs must have still received payment when users downloaded the compliments of BlackBerry apps... BlackBerry isn't Google!
    02-16-13 11:10 PM
    Isn't Shazam a one trick pony? It really should just be an app, an app that you use like once every three weeks.
    It doesn't need to be built into the OS at all. How often do you need to know what a song is compared to say how often do you want to share a particular item on facebook?

Big difference.
    JR A likes this.
    02-16-13 11:37 PM
    I don't see this happening, just an idea I had that I thought would be great and something that would absolutely differentiate the OS from any other...imagine at the US launch..."oh yeah, we have instagram, we have skype, we have whatsapp, also we have natively built into the OS Shazam!" Boom that would be of interest to alot of people...just liek Siri has so many unnecessary features...this is actually a feature people would enjoy as its easier then finding an app, and much quicker than finding the app...and personally and I am sure others in the world are like me...I hear songs on the radio that I haven't heard before and would like to shazam it, and then it is stored for me to go back and download all those songs in the future...it is a very useful app for people who love music...would be a great idea for BBRY to appeal to a larger mass...especially since they have worked closely with multimedia and the industry in commercials and stuff in the past.
    02-17-13 02:11 PM
    Yeah it is a one trick pony thats why i dont pay for it now. And good piint about paying for it period. I mean i wouldnt pay much for it. But its still a good idea for using it in app.

As for giving it away i think blackberry took the hit on the compliments. I mean when a restaruant gives you something complimentary they are the one losing the profit in that food not the supplier they got the food from.
    02-18-13 01:27 AM