Has anyone else noticed the poor build quality of the stock Blackberry headsets? I have had 5 or 6 of headset over the past few years and everyone of them has broken. Most common for me is to have them pulled from the BB when caught on something and I loose the sound from one ear bud. And it doesn't take a hard pull for them to break. I like using the headset for phone calls and listening to music (I have a great pair of Bang and Olufsen for music). I just think the durability of the stock Blackberry headsets should be improved.
    07-12-10 09:19 AM
    So buy a better one if you don't like them. I don't use them because earbuds hurt my ears. I like the squishy ones better.
    07-12-10 12:05 PM
    ATT customers actually got the Premium headsets back when it was introduced. Still work great. And riding on the subway here in NYC, the jack gets inadvertently yanked out all the time.
    07-12-10 12:47 PM
    Has anyone else noticed the poor build quality of the stock Blackberry headsets? I have had 5 or 6 of headset over the past few years and everyone of them has broken. Most common for me is to have them pulled from the BB when caught on something and I loose the sound from one ear bud. And it doesn't take a hard pull for them to break. I like using the headset for phone calls and listening to music (I have a great pair of Bang and Olufsen for music). I just think the durability of the stock Blackberry headsets should be improved.
    The ones that come with the Bold are just aweful - If you can spare the cash the Bose in ear phones are the best I've used...
    07-12-10 01:01 PM
    The premium bb set (with the mic and ff/rw control) have been good for me, but the fact is, it's a tough life for a headset...always getting caught on things, tangled up and jerked out of phones. I never expect too much from them.
    07-12-10 01:06 PM
    Mine have worked pretty good. The sound quality could be a bit better but for a headset that comes free I think its decent. But as with all headphones that are like that they hurt my ears after a while so that's the only reason I bought some soft in ear ones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 01:23 PM
    Any of those headsets that I've ever gotten with phones remained in their
    lil plastic bag. I still have about 3 of them brand new that I would be glad to
    give away. My BOSE earbuds are just perfect
    07-12-10 01:33 PM
    Add one more person who ditched the included headphones and opted for BOSE.
    07-12-10 01:40 PM
    For sound quality Bose is probably great... But spending $100(or whatever) or getting them for free, getting the jack yanked out or bent won't make the headphones work any better if they break no matter how much they cost.
    07-12-10 03:17 PM
    Add one more person who ditched the included headphones and opted for BOSE.
    Ditto to that!
    07-12-10 03:25 PM
    For sound quality Bose is probably great... But spending $100(or whatever) or getting them for free, getting the jack yanked out or bent won't make the headphones work any better if they break no matter how much they cost.
    Bose comes with a year warranty - used it twice with no problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 03:29 PM
    I've also got a set of ScullCandy's called FMJ (they have a mic for calls) and they have a lifetime warranty.
    07-12-10 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD