I chose the Bold over the Style, but I am thinking about heading back to Best Buy and going with the Style. I am going to go to my local Sprint store first and run it through the gauntlet again.
    I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinions on build quality?
    I feel that the build quality on the Bold is pretty darn solid. But, how does it compare to the Style?
    Also, since Best Buy is discontinuing the Bold, would they still allow me to exchange for the Style?
    Thanks everyone!
    03-04-11 01:25 AM
    I chose the Bold over the Style, but I am thinking about heading back to Best Buy and going with the Style. I am going to go to my local Sprint store first and run it through the gauntlet again.
    I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinions on build quality?
    I feel that the build quality on the Bold is pretty darn solid. But, how does it compare to the Style?
    Also, since Best Buy is discontinuing the Bold, would they still allow me to exchange for the Style?
    Thanks everyone!
    Its really your own decision. Personally ive had Curve, Torch , Bolds and Pearl

to me qwerty keybroad is the only way to go.
    Bold is to choice for me , 9780 > 9700 > 9000
    Pearl is a pretty good choice too.
    If your into Flip obviously Style.
    darkangel07760 likes this.
    03-04-11 02:14 AM
    It's really a personal preference. Check out the Style if you like. There both nice devices.
    03-04-11 07:37 AM
    The build quality of the Style is excellent. Mine is a little workhorse. I wouldn't recommend using one as a substitute puck, but mine did survive a drop onto a shallow puddle on frozen concrete without incident. It feels very solid and the flip has a strong hinge.

The three most common "bad phone" complaints have been this: bad trackpad, bad microphone, rapidly failing battery. All three of these are rather rare and manifest quickly, so you'd have ample chance to exchange for a new Style within the 30 days. In all honesty, I've heard few problems at all, but those are the known ones.

I love the phone, but it isn't the phone for everyone. Yeah, if you're interested, check it out.
    03-04-11 10:29 AM
    Thank you everyone! I am not concerned about the form factor; I like both the flip and the candybar, if that is the right term; I am just trying to find the best quality BB that Sprint has to offer, since I need to stick with it. It sounds like people here think the Style can do everything the Bold can do, and is just as well built?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 11:39 AM
    I've never even touched a Bold. I had a Curve before my Style. It is head and shoulder about my 8330.
    03-04-11 12:23 PM
    Check the Style forum. Haven't seen a bad word about them.

03-04-11 12:33 PM
    I have both a Bold 9780 and Style 9670. The Bold and Style both have very good build quality overall. Keyboard, etc. is a matter of preference; I actually prefer the 9780's KB more than the Style's but as far as build quality they are equally well made. One thing I've noticed, I invested in an Otterbox Commuter case for both, but the one for the Style is actually much sturdier and protects the phone much better than the Bold's Commuter. I've dropped it twice now with the case, and it's fine.
    03-04-11 01:35 PM
    I like the Bold form factor because it's more modern. Flip phones are a little outdated. The Bold series has a solid form factor and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

03-04-11 02:30 PM
    I like the Bold form factor because it's more modern. Flip phones are a little outdated.

Isn't that just a matter of opinion? There are a lot of people that like the form factor. If I'm not mistaken, the candy bar came before the flip. See what I did there
    03-04-11 05:06 PM
    The style seems pretty damn solid, it doesn't seem like it would break no matter how far yu threw it.

03-04-11 06:44 PM
    I have both a Bold 9780 and Style 9670. The Bold and Style both have very good build quality overall. Keyboard, etc. is a matter of preference; I actually prefer the 9780's KB more than the Style's but as far as build quality they are equally well made. One thing I've noticed, I invested in an Otterbox Commuter case for both, but the one for the Style is actually much sturdier and protects the phone much better than the Bold's Commuter. I've dropped it twice now with the case, and it's fine.
    Thank you!
    I am thinking about getting the Style because it is the newest Blackberry that Sprint has currently. Since Sprint is changing when you can upgrade your phone, I want to get the latest/newest Blackberry, but also the one with the best build quality. I am not interested in a touch screen, or or else I would have waited for that.
    It sounds like the Style is just as quality as the Bold.
    03-04-11 06:48 PM
    Its really your own decision. Personally ive had Curve, Torch , Bolds and Pearl

to me qwerty keybroad is the only way to go.
    Bold is to choice for me , 9780 > 9700 > 9000
    Pearl is a pretty good choice too.
    If your into Flip obviously Style.
    I guess the toughest choice for me is which Blackberry is the best. I don't mind if it is a flip (actually, slider phones I like the least), I just want the best non-touchscreen Blackberry that Sprint has to offer. The Bold came out in May 2010, I think? And then the Style came out in Halloween 2010? So I am assuming it is newer technology... Possibly?
    03-04-11 06:51 PM
    The build quality of the Style is excellent. Mine is a little workhorse. I wouldn't recommend using one as a substitute puck, but mine did survive a drop onto a shallow puddle on frozen concrete without incident. It feels very solid and the flip has a strong hinge.

The three most common "bad phone" complaints have been this: bad trackpad, bad microphone, rapidly failing battery. All three of these are rather rare and manifest quickly, so you'd have ample chance to exchange for a new Style within the 30 days. In all honesty, I've heard few problems at all, but those are the known ones.

I love the phone, but it isn't the phone for everyone. Yeah, if you're interested, check it out.
    Haha no, I won't use it as a puck, I promise! Excellent info, thank you for sharing that it survived a fall. That is important to me; I sometimes abuse my stuff a bit!
    03-04-11 06:52 PM
    I've never even touched a Bold. I had a Curve before my Style. It is head and shoulder about my 8330.
    That is what I had as my first Blackberry! I liked it alot, but it was just getting old, ya know?
    03-04-11 06:53 PM
    build quality is amazing on the Style, nice and sturdy hindge no creeks so far on mine and i dropped it a bunch of times. i will say though the outside is a finger print magnet i always find my self wiping it down, but that doesnt faze me.
    03-04-11 10:05 PM
    Haha no, I won't use it as a puck, I promise! Excellent info, thank you for sharing that it survived a fall. That is important to me; I sometimes abuse my stuff a bit!
    For some reason it does remind me of a puck. Anyway, it fell out of my pocket when I was getting out of my dad's car (SUV-height seats) and landed. The battery cover didn't even come off.
    03-05-11 12:10 AM
    I got the Style!
    I instinctively liked the way it felt in my hand right away.
    03-05-11 02:10 AM
    good i hope you enjoy it.
    03-05-11 11:25 AM
    IMO you're better off with a Style. I personally own a Bold 9650. But wouldn't mind suggesting a Style,because I feel that its a terrific phone even though I don't own one. I suggest try one out at a local store. Then take your time to decide. Of course you should consider what device let's you type with comfort. This is my opinion ok?

03-05-11 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD