Something with this size and form factor of Megan Fox thank you very much.
    11-27-09 10:02 PM
    Something with this size and form factor of Megan Fox thank you very much.
    Overrated... now BUILD a PHONE.
    11-28-09 12:01 AM
    Bold 9700 comes in near-perfect for me. The processor is PLENTY fast and the battery life is amazing. Here are the little things I'd change:

- A/B/G WiFi radio instead of B/G (Bold 9000 had A/B/G)
    - More app memory, lets say 1GB
    - Brushed stainless battery cover. I hate the simulated leather
    - Universal 3G (include all 3G bands from both ATT and T-Mobile)
    A/B WiFi Radio?? Does anyone even use A/B anymore? Seems like G/N would be the best options. I havent seen anyone, ever, use an A/B WiFi connection.
    11-28-09 12:09 AM
    A/B WiFi Radio?? Does anyone even use A/B anymore? Seems like G/N would be the best options. I havent seen anyone, ever, use an A/B WiFi connection.
    A is used in some corporate environments and has the advantage of a much less cluttered spectrum.

B is the pre-cursor to G and N, so you're always going to have backwards compatibility with it.

I have mixed feelings about N compatibility. I don't see the point of the increased throughput with N in a BB. There's no way that the 9700 takes advantage of even 54mbps.

So, in essence, the A/B/G radio from the 9000 would give connectivity to all WiFi networks and allowing for adequate speed with available hardware.
    Last edited by se1000; 11-28-09 at 12:33 AM.
    11-28-09 12:27 AM
    How would the Nokia E72 stack up? Been eyeing that one myself...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 01:06 PM
    On the RIM forums they had this thread and I filled out my view of what my perfect BlackBerry is,
    NOW that has changed a little in the last few months

To give some perspective

BB 9000 (Bold)
    114mm x 66mm x 15mm @ 136grams
    BB 9630 (Tour )
    112mm x 62mm x 14.2mm @ 130grams
    BB 9700 (Bold)
    109mm x 60mm x 14.1mm @ 122grams

My Perfect BB would be

120mm x 72mm x 11mm @ 140grams

This BB would have the keyboard of the Bold 9000
    But I would add 2 new keys to the keyboard beneith the Alt and Enter key, those keys would be numlock under the alt key, I know I can do this with a 2 key combination, but occasionally I have to do it twice, as it doesn't numlock, ticks me off, under the other key I would have $ & % being regular/shift/alt, on that key, I use those so often the symbol button slows me down probably 10 words per minute average because of having to use it. when sending pricing e-mails to customers. $ distinguishes between part numbers and value nicely.

the added width of MYBB over the 9000 would be nice in 2 hand use, but by not increasing the width of the keyboard would still have it functional for 1 handed typing.

The screen would be touchable like the Treo, the screen would be 66mm wide x 66mm with a 640 x 480 resolution like standard Def TV.

I would have the optical Track pad for keyboard navigation, and the [send/BB/trackpad/back/end] button row would be the height of the Bold 9700, keeping the face clean looking.

I would put a 5MP camera with a flash in the unit, it would me mounted on on a pivot above the screen so that it can face away or face toward the person taking the shot, giving better self shots, and opening the door to video conferencing on the BB
    I would place the charging socket on the bottom of the unit so it does not interfere with use while pluged in,

my right conviences keys would be volume+/-, Camara, my lef conviences keys would be voice dial, compose e-mail

(notice adding a second conviences key to the left side.)

the top would be tour like with "hidden" lock & mute keys.

NOW we are talking my ideal BB, so it would have 2 Batteries in it, so you would see 2 batteries on your screen, that way you could trade out a dead battery without your BB going dead, at some trade shows and conferences, I kill my BB by lunch with heavy use and constant searching for a signal, it would be great to just have 3 or 4 batteries extra and hot swap them in as needed, with out missing 10 minutes for a reboot.
    I would also like 2 MicroSD slots, 1 behind the battery and 1 easy access from the side, this would give currently 32GB of data storeage, and moving forward 64GB as the 32GM microSD cards become available.

I would like 512MB of addressable onboard memory, with a 128MB buffer to Run applications off of the SD cards, they would be run in the 128 Buffer. Built in Wifi, GPS, bluetooth, FM, Proximaty sensor.

A the proxtware sensor to

The OS would have to ben your BBr both Touch freindly like Concd freindly use, I want smooth application changing, a full HTML/Javascript/Flash freindly Browser.
    I want a Multi Coloured Calendar to view appointments by catagory
    I want voice dial to allow me to call by name, or nickname,
    I want when bluetooth activh appliche phone will , a fullwho is calling by name out of the address book, not just number.
    I want dar to v shutoff option to attach to a button, so that when locked the screen name, oro stay off until I turn it on so when using it as an MP3 player the screen dcalling bt battery power.
    I want multiple Alrams and the option to not diplay in Calendar
    I want a Scientific Calculator
    I want FULL contact details stored in a Barcode
    I want Easy Barcode reading from Camera,
    I NEED excel, word, pdf reading/editing,
    I NEED contact management, with Notes
    I NEED to be able to edit conta a Scio sent to me as an attant FUL over BBM

And I would waste SO SO much more time if I had a Clines game on my BB.

excel, that covers wding/edould want out of my perfect Blackberry

maybs
    'll edit this to add more as it comes to me while reading the rest of the thread.
    11-29-09 09:16 AM
    1) Screen the size of the droid in both touchscreen and non touch screen versions
    2) interchangeable keyboards (i.e. curve keyboard or bold)
    3) Better web browser
    4) 1/4" stereo jack
    5) 1GHZ CPU
    6) 16.7 million color screen
    7) trackpad
    8) unlocked GPS
    9) autolock built into the phone
    10) buzzme built into the phone
    11) Universal OS that runs on any BB CDMA or GSM.
    12) interchangeable skins
    13) wifi

14) able to run windows XP (ok im asking too much now).
    seriously WHY would anyone want XP on their BB, XP sucks, ok it was great in its day, but in 2005 it was showing its age, it was a worth while hold on in vista era, but seriously its handling of multiple internet connections, sucks, I run 2 laptops, 1 XP from work, and a personal Windows 7, my XP one has problems atleast once a week dealing with Datavalet ( a hotel chain internet provider) and other hotel networks, the Windows 7 never has issues, I can only imagin how much worse XP would be requiring the combo of random wifi with cel towers.
    11-29-09 09:22 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD