Does anyone know of a BT earpiece that I can use not only for calls but for also listening to MP3's on both the 8800 or 8300 Curve? I have the Jawbone and Jabra 250v but retired the Jabra due to the pain that it causes from wearing it for long periods of time. Sometimes I like to listen to some music that I have on my card off my BB during the day and it would be nice if I could with the same earpiece that I use for phone calls.
    10-11-07 11:51 AM
    I was lead to believe any headset that supports A2DP would work fine...
    10-11-07 12:21 PM
    Jabra GT320s.. which if you're like me, have my own Shure earbuds that I paid bank for and want to use.. These come with earbuds that you can disconnect and you reconnect your favorite 3.5mm earbuds..
    10-15-07 04:12 PM
    Are you looking for a stereo headset, or mono?
    10-15-07 07:09 PM
    Mono, I don't like wearing headsets
    10-15-07 07:23 PM
    you cannot listen to music on single earpiece (jawbone,bt 250 etc,etc ) you have to have bt stereo headset.
    04-22-09 12:36 PM
    you cannot listen to music on single earpiece (jawbone,bt 250 etc,etc ) you have to have bt stereo headset.
    If your buy Podtrapper (its $10) it allows you, in addition to its podcast functions to play music via a mono bluetooth headset.

It works fine with my BB 655 headset which is mono.
    04-22-09 12:52 PM

I have the Jabra BT530 and JX-20 Pura; they are mono headsets which support A2DP.
    04-23-09 11:18 AM
    Yeah, I listen to audio books while working a lot. Being able to have a mono earpiece that would also let me make calls, would be pretty ideal.

I currently use a wired Sansa MP3 player in a shirt pocket as I hide the wire in my uniform shirt. Would rather just use my phone, but a wire to my belt would be a bit much.

Will look into the Jabra. Never heard of the JX-20 Pura... Checkin it Thanks
    04-25-09 09:49 AM
    I don't know the name....tmo and radioshack had a headst that looked like ear muffs, they wrapped around the back of the neck. I loved them, you could answer calls and listen to music in stereo. My only gripe was the noise cancellation was almost worthless. I always needed to call back contacts after I disconnected from BT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 02:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD