I recently downloaded Opera Mini, but I can't seem to find how to access the menu. When I press the menu key and go to settings I only have a very limited amount of settings to work with. Some of the directions on the Opera Mini site tell me to go into "tools" and other menus, but I can't find where to locate them. Also, now that I have Opera Mini can I delete the original browser? How do I make Opera mini my default browser?
    01-10-09 01:05 PM
    Also, now that I have Opera Mini can I delete the original browser? How do I make Opera mini my default browser?
    Unfortunately, you cannot change the default browser to Opera Mini or any other browser. Therefore, you shouldn't delete the BB browser because anytime a link is clicked in Opera Mini, the BB browser will pop up and open the link.
    01-10-09 01:10 PM
    That's really too bad, I myself was just hoping that there was a way to change the default browsere, ala using Firefox for links instead of IE.

Anyone else have any insight on this? I'd love for links within my gmail email to load in Opera.

Similarly, are there any apps (CNN, NYTimes, Crackberry etc) that are optimized for use with Opera Mini as their default?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 07:46 PM
    Agreed, it would be a nice feature, howeve I have never read a way to do it

01-10-09 07:51 PM
    I use both browsers regularly so BB Browser being a default isn't a problem. But it would be nice to set it up as default in settings. Sometimes sites just look better on Opera, crackberry.com being one of them.

01-10-09 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD