What is the bottleneck for the browser on the Playbook. I have it connected to highspeed so it isn't that.
    Sometimes it seems to take 15 or 20 seconds when a laptop loads in two or three seconds. Any ideas?
    09-03-12 10:52 AM
    Adobe AIR....

The PlayBook's Bottle neck is the OS itself, while the device is pretty good, AIR eats up resources and your 1GB RAM PlayBook is losing RAM to Adobe AIR, and that's most likely your bottle neck,

I suspect your Laptop has a considerably faster processor, and more RAM compared to the PlayBook
    09-03-12 11:40 AM
    BB10 gets a new Browser..
    09-03-12 11:50 AM
    Adobe AIR....

The PlayBook's Bottle neck is the OS itself, while the device is pretty good, AIR eats up resources and your 1GB RAM PlayBook is losing RAM to Adobe AIR, and that's most likely your bottle neck,

I suspect your Laptop has a considerably faster processor, and more RAM compared to the PlayBook
    This. The browser itself being built on Adobe AIR is the problem. That's why you see all the checkerboarding and lagginess.

The browser on BB10 should be built native and using cascades, so you should see a large improvement.

CPU speed isn't a huge factor in webpage rendering. Look at an iPad, it can render pages extremely quickly due to the optimized browser. BB10 should be similar if the browser is decent.
    09-03-12 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD