Hi all, I am a BB newbie and have just discovered this forum. So much information all in one place, this is great. I just got the Curve 8330 and I love it. I have a few questions about the browser settings.
    I just have the browser set to the default settings and I was wondering if there are custom settings I should use. Should I enable Java? Should I change the browser emulation mode from Blackberry to another? What are the differences if I do?
    Any other suggestions would be appreciated. One of the things that I have been unable to do is to listen to streaming audio from a radio station website and I was wondering if changing any setting would help this, or if it is even possible.
    I am also having trouble accessing hotmail and was wondering if there was something that I need to do to view hotmail, I think it is a java script issue.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve
    06-05-08 06:27 PM
    I would leave the emulation set to BB. You need to set to that for Over The Air installs. And you can enable javascript and tables.
    06-05-08 06:39 PM
    i have the curve 8330 also and when i try to access hotmail.com nothing comes up. is there something i need to enable to see and access the website?
    10-30-08 02:21 PM
    I am also having trouble accessing hotmail Steve
    Have you tried setting it up through the BIS, that's what I do, much faster..

i have the curve 8330 also and when i try to access hotmail.com nothing comes up. is there something i need to enable to see and access the website?
    Do you have the data plan through Sprint, you could also try the BIS, otherwise, go to Browser > Options > Config > I have everything checked and emulation set to BB and have no issues opening the hotmail site.
    10-30-08 02:27 PM
    I have a 8130 and have the same problem. I just get a blank page when trying to access hotmail.com.

My browser configuration is set the same as berry me with it's settings.
    11-02-08 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD