ok so here's the issue, recently i started a plan with a pearl... yes i know how out of date it is, but that is a whole other story...

there was no mobile browser on it! since the last time i had a bb things seem to have really changed and now I have no clue anymore how to download software and transfer it to the phone. My first step is getting a browser on it and then ringtones and games. Can anyone help me out??? i do not have the desktop thingy i've been hearing about either..

i am a refreshed newbie and need a description without too much bb slang, i'm back from owning an iphone that got caught into a software loop so take it easy on me
    thanks everyone!
    07-21-10 06:51 PM
    Do you have a Blackberry data plan? Did you check and see if the icon is hidden?

You can go to opera.com and have a link sent for download. Never heard of a BB without native browser though.
    07-21-10 06:57 PM
    yes i found it very odd as well.
    I do have a data package, but without a browser it doesn't really apply to direct downloads... kinda need one to do the other

i downloaded opera mini to my computer desktop but it is in a .jar file, which is goblygook to me...
    07-21-10 08:02 PM
    Did you contact your carrier and get a BlackBerry data plan (BIS)? An iPhone data plan will not work. Once you have the proper BlackBerry data plan, you will be able to register your device, get your browser, and set up email/BlackBerry Messenger.
    07-21-10 08:07 PM
    Look to see if the icon is hidden or got moved to a folder.

Does the browser come up when you access the Application Switcher?
    07-21-10 08:39 PM
    i changed companies completely onto a bb data plan... and i don't know what you mean by hidden icons or how to access them....
    07-21-10 09:26 PM
    Are you able to log in to your BIS account from your carrier's BIS site on your PC?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    07-21-10 09:35 PM
    i have no idea what you mean by that
    07-22-10 03:35 AM
    well done!thank you !
    07-22-10 03:35 AM
    I think it would be best for you to go back where u got it from and ask them to set it up for ya.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 03:59 AM
    i have no idea what you mean by that
    Yes, I agree with belfastdispatcher.

If you have no idea what the terms are that people are mentioning, go back to the phone store from where you purchased the device and have them give you assistance.
    07-22-10 05:51 AM
    Might want to start by installing Blackberry Desktop Manager on your PC. (You can find this at blackberry.com, under "Apps & Software"). As for the "Hidden icons" they speak of, hit menu on the home screen to bring up the full menu, then hit menu again. If you have a "Show All" entry there, click that - there are icons hidden, and that should show them. If not, it's not a problem. Also in that menu, you may have folders - check in there for "Internet Browser".

If all else fails, your best option is probably to have someone more familiar with the phone show you (such as at the store, like the other posters said).

Good luck!
    07-22-10 05:58 AM
    You'll need to get the service books downloaded to your BB.

Have you set up an e-mail account yet? Run the e-mail setup wizard, create a BIS account, and that should send the service books to your Pearl (the web browser icons should appear after that).

If you have already set up your BIS account, go back into the e-mail setup app, log into your BIS account, then go to the Help menu and resend your service books.
    07-22-10 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD