I've noticed on a couple of the BB's I set up in the last couple of days, that there are some of the alltel BB's coming that are missing the setting which allows you to launch the browser to load the "go to" screen initially instead of a webpage, going through the options in both, the option's simply missing, on an 8130 with 4.3 on it then again after the 4.5 update, and on an 8330 with 4.3 on it....

any suggestions on getting that option to show up?
    11-22-08 06:34 PM
    Just to be sure I understand what you are saying... The BB browser is there, just missing the go to function?

If that's the case, simply close the browser, and open it again. It's caused by the email set up application not being closed correctly.
    11-22-08 06:39 PM
    no, the go to option is there.....

when you load the browser, and into options, then browser config, the "start page" option is totally missing.....it automatically loads to whatever website is listed as the "homepage"
    11-22-08 06:56 PM
    11-22-08 08:36 PM
    uh, no, don't want to set a webpage for it, want to set it to the "start page" or the "go to" page, I don't like it automatically loading a webpage, I like it loading to the history/input address/whatever page

the option to set it to the "start page" or a user defined home page is simply not there, the option to change the address of the homepage is there, the other option isn't.
    Last edited by dhyde79; 11-22-08 at 09:01 PM.
    11-22-08 08:58 PM
    What do you want? You aren't explaining what it is you want very well. It might help if you actually wrote complete sentences.
    Last edited by sunkast; 11-22-08 at 09:04 PM.
    11-22-08 09:01 PM
    I understand his question perfectly, albeit I don't have an answer.

In the browser, there is a specific page that is labeled the "goto" page. Hit menu>goto and you see it. Now, he wants his browser to automatically start at that page. Not to start at his homepage. For example, on my 8220 I can go to browser>menu>options>browser configuration>start page> and choose 1)[bookmarks page] 2)[Home page] 3)[last page loaded] 4)[START PAGE].

Now his won't do that because the blue menu is missing.
    11-22-08 09:20 PM
    I understand his question perfectly, albeit I don't have an answer.

In the browser, there is a specific page that is labeled the "goto" page. Hit menu>goto and you see it. Now, he wants his browser to automatically start at that page.
    That makes more sense that what he say saying.

Right below Emulation Mode in the options it says Start Page... Set it to Start Page.
    11-22-08 09:29 PM
    That makes more sense that what he say saying.

Right below Emulation Mode in the options it says Start Page... Set it to Start Page.
    He can't do that because that option is MISSING!!!! BBYE!!!! GONE!!! KAPUT!!
    Kapish?

Quote:
    the option to set it to the "start page" or a user defined home page is simply not there, the option to change the address of the homepage is there, the other option isn't.
    Last edited by lalifeguards; 11-22-08 at 09:34 PM.
    11-22-08 09:31 PM
    thanks lalifeguards, apparantly
    missing the setting which allows you to launch the browser to load the "go to" screen initially instead of a webpage, going through the options in both, the option's simply missing
    isn't quite clear enough to make sense.....
    11-22-08 10:43 PM
    Is the Set Current option still available at the bottom of the config page? If it is, navagate to the GoTo page, press menu, browser configuration, roll down to set current and click it, press back and save.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 11:08 PM
    won't work, that's not a web page
    11-22-08 11:18 PM
    My Alltel Curve just started the same thing after I updated the OS.

It's a service book being pushed.

If you go into your advanced options->service books, and delete the one that says, "BlackBerry HELP! [BrowserConfig]" and delete it, you will have all of the options back and will also have the original goto page back.

The problem is, when you reboot, you'll have to do it again.
    11-23-08 07:18 PM
    I just set my homepage to google, or anything you want that loads fast, and then hit the G key. That's the shortcut for the "Go To" page.

And why's everyone so moody on here today?

11-23-08 09:28 PM
    who's moody? I'm trying to figure out how to fix the problem for customers of mine that're first time BB users and didn't want to have to learn shortcuts or "the easy way" but instead wanted the phone to work like mine did when they were playing with it.....
    11-24-08 09:46 PM
    I'd still just tell them to hit the G button.

11-24-08 10:06 PM
    And if learning one shortcut is too much for them, tell them to buy two cans and a string.

11-24-08 10:08 PM
    ok, let me rephrase, they want the phone to work like it's supposed to, end of point. if you don't know how to get the setting to show up, stop, I don't care about work arounds, I want to know how to make it work like every other BB.
    11-25-08 12:34 PM
    WOW! Just got my Curve 8900 and guess whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??! NO START PAGE!! The official BB page help that was posted states clearly: Depending on your service provider, you may not be able to change the start page. Guess that's me now!
    02-17-09 11:19 PM
    WOW! Just got my Curve 8900 and guess whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??! NO START PAGE!! The official BB page help that was posted states clearly: Depending on your service provider, you may not be able to change the start page. Guess that's me now!
    You n00b! When you switch your device, you need to resend your servicebooks! After your servicebooks have been resent, you should get back the 3rd browser, INTERNET. (Before you only had 2 browsers, Hotspot and WAP, now you have the INTERNET browser also.) Then go to Browser>MENU>options>Browser Configuration>Start page[START PAGE]

That will get your berry to start at the "goto" page. Another way to do it, if your homepage can be changed, is by going to browser>menu>browser configuration>Homepage: "about:start"
    02-18-09 01:15 AM
    It happened when I uploaded a new OS on a friends phone... .97 i think. But the goto option came back after we re-setup the email config and pushed the service books.

Hope that helps if it's the issue yer having.

PS: this issue didn't occur when I installed V-.131...
    02-18-09 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD