Hi, just bought my torch from AT&T the a couple weeks ago. I have been having a problem with my browser. when i use the browser on wifi it says it cannot connect to the server. I returned my first one thinking it was a defective product. now i have the same problem with the new one. All of the applications such as facebook twitter and the weather channel work, but i cannot surf the web on wifi only on AT&Ts 3G network. anyone know what to do cause im thinking about returning the phone and getting a different one.
    01-14-11 07:08 PM
    Are you talking about a wifi hotspot or your home router? If a home router we need to know what brand, model, and type. Then we can help you troubleshoot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 07:32 PM
    I have the same issue with my new 9800 on Vodafone UK, in fact, I returned my first unit figured it was defective, but the same issue resurfaced with second unit.

Both 3G and wifi consistently dropping data connection (only, not voice). Home wifi router is BT....happens as well on Starbucks UK wifi (BT openzone) ran wifi troubleshoot ping....fails on first three attempts....then connects....then fails - Very Annoying -

Vodafone retail outlet had not heard of the problem.... they were kind enough to give me a SureSignal booster for my flat, no data improvements, but voice improved dramatically :-)

I will say, when wifi / 3G data does work, I've never seen a faster browser or downloads, smokes my Mrs. iPhone 3G... too bad she never drops a data connection wifi or 3G....I almost had something to brag about....

Have a bold II as well, does not have any issues, wondering if it's OS 5 v. 6 stability ? Any thoughts, suggestions, or rumors ?
    01-15-11 04:01 AM
    #jacohuff, quotatoolarge - I wonder if you would benefit from looking at a thread I started and trying out people's advice?

It's called 'Torch Will Not Connect to Router' - maybe some of the suggestions in it would be helpful?
    01-15-11 05:52 AM
    I just started having the same problem after 6 months of no problems w/the browser. Happened at work, at home and at a public library. But only sometime, like when I wanted to use it. Pulled the battery and it's just fine.
    06-21-11 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD