BB S2 on VZW
    OS .320
    Operating on a BES

Hello everyone -

For the past couple of days, I've been unable to use my BB's Browser or GPS functions. Whenever I try to connect to the BB Browser, I get a timeout error. None of my bookmarks are able to connect either. I've tried switching between the different settings in browser configuration settings (BIS, hotspot, wifi, IE, Firefox, etc) to no avail. I also have a wifi set up at home and even though it was working flawlessly a couple of days ago, it will no longer connect to any wifi. In addition, the GPS function is not working on any of the apps that use GPS (Both BB and Google maps, weatherbug, poynt).

Here's the kicker: Everything else is working great. I'm getting all of my emails from all of the emails I have configured with the device (my work email through the BES, forwarded from a comcast address, and from my *@vzw.blackberry.net address) and all of my apps seem to be working fine. I've got facebook, ubertwitter, ebay, weatherbug, poynt, and a couple of others and they're all able to update wirelessly.

I've tried going through a new enterprise activation, I've updated everything through the desktop manager, and I've re-registered the device on the network. I'm iffy on whether I've actually pushed all of the service books to the device again because I can't login here: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw. Whenever I try to, it tells me I have use my device's BIS. Well, that's my problem. I can't use my device's BIS. Also, I have one WiFi host routing table and about a hundred Verizon host routing tables. I'm not sure which ones I should delete, as I've read, in order to get it download a new one.

The only thing I've really noted that appears to be a problem is that when I go to Options -> Status, the device's IP Address is 0.0.0.0. I'm not sure if that is supposed to be like that or not. I know from regular internet usage on a desktop, if you don't have an ip address on the network, you can't get on the internet. Does that ring true for the BB as well?

Any ideas?
    01-26-10 11:15 AM
    You very possibly could have the same issue I did where the IP address gets stuck or lost when you switch back & forth from wireless to wifi. You should contact VZW and ask for immediate referral to Blackberry level 2 support. It seems odd you are still able to receive email but no web browsing. One thing to note apparently an older version of Facebook created a connectivity issue, according to RIM and VZW. The IP address of 0.0.0.0 in status is ok. Click on Manage Connections, then Mobile Network Options, to see if that helps narrow things down. Make sure the Data Services are turned on.

I still bet on an IP discontinuity within the Verizon network, similar to what happened to me. Give it a shot and good luck.
    01-26-10 01:18 PM
    Have you tried rebooting the handset?
    01-26-10 01:27 PM
    BB S2 on VZW
    OS .320
    Operating on a BES

Hello everyone -

For the past couple of days, I've been unable to use my BB's Browser or GPS functions. Whenever I try to connect to the BB Browser, I get a timeout error. None of my bookmarks are able to connect either. I've tried switching between the different settings in browser configuration settings (BIS, hotspot, wifi, IE, Firefox, etc) to no avail. I also have a wifi set up at home and even though it was working flawlessly a couple of days ago, it will no longer connect to any wifi. In addition, the GPS function is not working on any of the apps that use GPS (Both BB and Google maps, weatherbug, poynt).

Here's the kicker: Everything else is working great. I'm getting all of my emails from all of the emails I have configured with the device (my work email through the BES, forwarded from a comcast address, and from my *@vzw.blackberry.net address) and all of my apps seem to be working fine. I've got facebook, ubertwitter, ebay, weatherbug, poynt, and a couple of others and they're all able to update wirelessly.

I've tried going through a new enterprise activation, I've updated everything through the desktop manager, and I've re-registered the device on the network. I'm iffy on whether I've actually pushed all of the service books to the device again because I can't login here: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw. Whenever I try to, it tells me I have use my device's BIS. Well, that's my problem. I can't use my device's BIS. Also, I have one WiFi host routing table and about a hundred Verizon host routing tables. I'm not sure which ones I should delete, as I've read, in order to get it download a new one.

The only thing I've really noted that appears to be a problem is that when I go to Options -> Status, the device's IP Address is 0.0.0.0. I'm not sure if that is supposed to be like that or not. I know from regular internet usage on a desktop, if you don't have an ip address on the network, you can't get on the internet. Does that ring true for the BB as well?

Any ideas?
    When I had this problem a couple of days ago, my IP address showed 0.0.0.0 also. I think you have the same problem that wxchaser and me had. It is very strange. I went through the same thing as wxchaser to resolve including 2 hours total on the phone call.

You are on BES, which I don't know if you have an IT policy on your phone. If you do, they may have to make the tech call. Either way there doesn't seem to be a simple fix yet. I think they have to do something on their end (blackberry/rim)to get your service books to get to you.

Good Luck, and please post your results.
    Last edited by grayzweb; 01-26-10 at 08:23 PM.
    01-26-10 08:20 PM
    Guys I don't think the IP Address of 0.0.0.0 is an issue...

My IP is 0.0.0.0 currently and I'm sending e-mails and browsing the web no problem, but I'm on 3G only here at work. I would guess that's for WIFI only, not 3G

I can only suggest that you call Verizon and have them escalate the issue to RIM Support. I had a very similar problem ~3 weeks ago, and it was on RIMs servers where the Service Books were stuck and not connecting back to Blackberries. Basically you got the notice they were sent and the device was registered, but in reality they were stick in la-la land (Technical Term).

I had to spend 2 hours on the phone with VZW before it was escalated to RIM Support, and even then it took them another 1/2 hr to realize where the issue was..

But after that no issues since
    01-28-10 02:00 PM
    Have you tried rebooting the handset?
    its the most obvious thing to do yet people seem to forget about doing it.
    01-28-10 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD