I have a BB 9700 Bold. I have it set up with my home wifi network, and it acknowledges the connection, but the icon stays greyed out. It won't connect for the internet browser, but it will connect several other applications, such as Pandora and the internet radio. I have tried rebooting and deleting and resetting the connection, but to no avail.
    01-11-11 11:31 AM
    What happens when you open the browser? Paige failed? Some javascript error perhaps? Open the net and hit the menu key then select options. There's something not check-marked that should be. It might be the router itself that is incompatible with the device browser, and it sounds like you've already tried resetting the wireless router itself, however if you haven't I'd try again. Then remove your home WiFi from your saved networks on your device and try connecting again. From there the troubleshooting comes down to specifics better handled by your carrier customer service.
    01-11-11 03:21 PM
    I don't know but this happened to me yesterday.

1. Connection visible and connected
    2. Unable to open browser (requesting takes forever and end up page cant be open)

Normally a restart in the router will work. Since it doesn't work for you, do a battery pull and at the same time, delete the connection (saved connection) in your phone and make a new connection.

See if this works.
    01-11-11 07:48 PM
    Same problem here lately, but it may be because I'm running os 6 (leaked).... Still, I turn off WIFI and I immediately can browse fine over 3g. Will work over WIFI for a little while then just stops.... Very irritating

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 07:53 PM
    You have a good point but I actually never encounter this except yesterday. For some reason my WiFi got a little crazy. Either way, I feel that connection on OS 6 is still fine.

Hmm...maybe just luck
    01-11-11 08:00 PM
    Sometimes it could be a BIS issue. Your carrier would tell you if there is an outage if you call them.

But at times, it counts to have a spare non-blackberry wifi device to troubleshoot if in fact it is the router and not the blackberry itself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-11 02:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD