I've been getting this message more frequently. I'm just using the regular browser that comes with the phone.

I used to think that it was because I was trying to visit a page that asked for stored info and I had cleared my memory or cookies, but it appears that that is not the case.

Insights anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 01:20 PM
    What sort of pages are you trying to use? Having your cookies cleared shouldn't affect this. The worst that should do would be make you log into their site again.

Are you trying full HTML pages or are these mobile pages it is failing to render?
    12-04-10 01:26 PM
    It was usually on a forum when I was looking at my "Watched Topics", and some random sites when googling. Typically not specifically mobile sites. Just this morning I couldn't "render" twitter.com, so I won't be able to access that site from my phone.

12-04-10 02:23 PM
    That's strange. Have you checked your browser settings and so forth? Maybe some of these require java but it's off or something. Another thing you might try is adjust what browser it emulates ie Blackberry, Internet Explorer, etc. Worth a shot.
    12-04-10 02:28 PM
    Did you change your Encoding settings? Open browser/Menu/Set Encoding. Mine are set to ISO 8859-1.
    All else fails, do a battery pull! When in doubt......!

12-04-10 03:59 PM
    Okay, played with emulation, encoding, battery pull, etc. and no luck.

Twitter.com cannot be "rendered", although I can access twitter pages if I know the user name to tag at the end.

If this happens to a website I really care about, I will be incredibly bummed...

12-05-10 05:26 AM
    Well, now it's happened to yahoo groups, and that's a problem.

I guess I will go find the info that talks about resending service books and try that next. I've had this phone over 2 years now and have never had to do that!

12-05-10 12:05 PM
    Well, now it's happened to yahoo groups, and that's a problem.

I guess I will go find the info that talks about resending service books and try that next. I've had this phone over 2 years now and have never had to do that!

The easiest way to do that is go to your email settings icon (it may be hidden). Log in to that, hit menu and there should be an option to send service books.

Also try going to options/advanced/host routing table and once in there hit menu and register now.
    12-05-10 12:12 PM
    Service Books resent, registered again, and still the same problem.

I have found that if I can get a link to the "inside", I can set a new bookmark, at least on a couple of the sites. From my laptop, I sent a link to a page inside the yahoo group, and clicking on that from my phone email takes me to a login page. Then I can create a new bookmark that works on the phone. I could not access it before by using yahoo and going to groups.

However, I still cannot "render" twitter.com. I only use that one since it's consistent, and seems completely independent of a bookmark, using the "go to" page, or trying to access it from google, does not work. I can access mobile.twitter.com

I just don't get it.....
    12-06-10 12:51 AM
    Open your BB Browser. Go to Options--> Browser Configuration. Is your Browser set to BlackBerry Browser or Internet Browser. If BlackBerry Browser, change to Internet Browser --> Save Options. Now, click on General Properties. Again, if Default Browser is set to BlackBerry Browser, change it to Internet Browser. Save Options.

This should correct the problem for you.
    12-06-10 06:22 AM
    Have you enabled Java Script? Are you using page view or column view?

Last edited by albee 1; 12-06-10 at 08:47 AM.
    12-06-10 08:18 AM
    RBernier, on those settings, I have only two options, Media Net or Internet Browser. Both were already set to Internet Browser. Too bad I deleted that one bookmark that couldn't be renedered, since the browser in the bookmark can be set to those same options. Still wouldn't explain the twitter issue though.

Albee, column view.

12-06-10 09:16 AM
    I would love to hear an explanation for this!

I tried twitter again by using the "go to" screen and typing the address, still couldn't render. I found my twitter.com bookmark - there wasn't any problem with the actual bookmark that was obvious. I deleted the bookmark, and now I can get to the address if I type it in.

So, it appears that if I have the site bookmarked, deleting the bookmark fixes the site.

Weird.

12-06-10 10:36 AM
    Got to agree HershL, that is weird. Sounds like you have covered everything in the book that would effect rendering. I think most of us here have exhausted most of the possibilities. Keep us posted if you run across the fix. I'll keep fishing and if I run into anything not mentioned I'll post you back.

12-06-10 12:21 PM
    It appears that there are two solutions.

If it happens to a page that I do not have bookmarked, clearing the cache appears to work.

If it's happening to a page I have bookmarked, I have to delete the bookmark. I also have had to go to the site in a new way, like send a link to a different page within the site from my laptop.

I don't understand it all, but still happy I found a solution

12-17-10 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD