I have tried several different ways to configure my BB browser but its just not what I thought it would be,I really cant do much on there ,I tried finding a weather radar,,it took forever..I tried finding the latest sports,,It was impossible to read,,

Maybe there is a better browser or Someone needs to tell me how to configure for optimal performance and viewing?

The speed isnt a problem

its the viewing

I am just looking for top news,,top sports..and weather radar.

That stuff would make me happy..

Thanks
    03-04-08 11:30 PM
    Take your BB browser to this site:
    ESPN:ESPN Main

How does it go?

IF you are navigating to normal websites, i would suggest using the mobile or wap versions of those sites.
    03-04-08 11:58 PM
    or try www.operamini.com that would work well as well..
    03-05-08 12:05 AM
    OperaNini is amazing, highly recommended.

Gorefox Mobile currently in development.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-08 01:43 AM
    if i download the opera mini is it advisable to delete the bb web browser
    03-05-08 07:59 AM
    Keep the BB browser. My experience is that OTA installs only work with BB browser, and apps like e-mail will open links through it (no way I know of to make Opera the default).

03-05-08 08:55 AM
    I, too, highly recommend getting the Opera Mini browser. There hasn't been a site that I haven't been able to view yet. And when you initially load a page, it shows you a very wide shot, and you get to pick which part of the page to zoom in on. A great program, and I consider it vastly superior to the Mobile IE I had on my Motorola Q. The only bummer for me is not being able to stream audio.

But otherwise, Opera Mini rocks. And I've kept the BB Browser as well. I occasionally use it for some of the mobile news & sports websites that you can find on mobile.blackberry.com.
    03-05-08 02:10 PM
    I just tried to download this to my bb and it says it is not supported by Verizon. Is this true? If so, is there anything else I can use? Thanks.
    08-29-08 07:11 AM
    Strange. I downloaded OperaMini to my Verizon 8330 just fine. Maybe it's because you're using a Pearl? Or are you maybe on the wrong site?

I *did* have trouble installing it OTA, so ended up downloading it to my desktop first and then installing it. You might try that.
    08-29-08 11:07 AM
    mic513 I had the same issue. On the download page there are three or four other options and only the "unsigned" option worked on my Verizon 8130.
    08-29-08 12:20 PM
    Here's the link to the OTA of the version you need. (just click here with your berry). http://mini.opera.com/mini.jad?cert=...ion=hifi&rel=4

08-29-08 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD