I own a blackberry storm 2. I thought this phone was a tank. I dropped it down drain on accident one day and nothing happened to it. Yesterday i drop it from my hand to the ground and the whole screen cracks. The touch screen does not work at ALL and the phone has a password on it. Im in serious trouble out here and i NEED my contacts, i have a lot of important phone numbers in there. I really need help guys, any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    07-08-11 10:19 AM
    If it's only a cracked screen......... have you tried backing it up with desktop manager?
    07-08-11 10:20 AM
    Did you ever back up your phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-11 10:24 AM
    Try connecting it to your PC and then use DM to back up your phone, it SHOULD work as long as you did not damage anything ELSE besides the screen. You will enter the phone's passcode on the computer screen. From there you will have a couple options, if you are replacing the BB with a BB then it's easy just restore the backup, but if NOT then you are probably going to need to use either a conversion program to convert it to a format to use for your new type of phone, OR use an program that reads .ipd files so you can print out the list.
    07-08-11 10:55 AM
    If your going to be replacing with another BB then backup should suffice, otherwise a sync with Outlook might be your simplest option.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-08-11 10:58 AM
    If your going to be replacing with another BB then backup should suffice, otherwise a sync with Outlook might be your simplest option.
    I decided to get another phone. No more blackberry for me until the storm 3 comes out. How would i be able to sync it with outlook?
    07-08-11 02:34 PM
    Try connecting it to your PC and then use DM to back up your phone, it SHOULD work as long as you did not damage anything ELSE besides the screen. You will enter the phone's passcode on the computer screen. From there you will have a couple options, if you are replacing the BB with a BB then it's easy just restore the backup, but if NOT then you are probably going to need to use either a conversion program to convert it to a format to use for your new type of phone, OR use an program that reads .ipd files so you can print out the list.
    Ive tried downloading the desktop manager but there was no option to back it up.
    07-08-11 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD