confess I'm too naive.... have 2 questions

1) wondering if storm2 can be used to broadcast signal so personal laptop can be connected. this is in scenario when verizon is already charging unlimited data for 45$ and at places where there is no hot spot, BB can be used as a hotspot.

2) how to use local wifi signal to make calls through BB where verizon service is not available, like while travelling in Canada or Europe?

appreciate your help.
    02-04-10 12:54 AM
    I don't know the answer to question 1. But I do know the answer to question 2.
    Calling over a wi-fi signal, also known as "UMA calling" is only supported by T-mobile.
    You would have to have them as your carrier and get their UMA calling plan I think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 01:05 AM
    Also Storm 2 doesn't support UMA the bold 2 is the only 3g blackberry that supports UMA calling, all the other models that do it are gprs or edge. As for calling from abroad trough UMA never worked for me on orange UK, only worked in uk, I tried Ireland, Austria, Hungary and Romania without any luck.

02-04-10 06:44 AM
    I remember broadcasting wifi from a Nokia E61 a few years ago using an app from a company called "Joiku" or something like that

02-04-10 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD