Good bye BBM... people are deleting BBM today for 1 reason... people are getting notification that they can't silent. (NOT On BB10) people hate broadcast messages and before the team fixes the issue and gives people tha option to silence the unwanted BS...they are gonna bring more annoying notifications... BBM is officially done... thanks BlackBerry... BBM was going strong at first but like always BlackBerry takes a step back. I alone have 10 friends that downloaded it then deleted it all because they couldn't silent the BS broadcast messages and now your going to bring ads on top of it . How bout we 1st fix a huge issue... silent specific notifications and block broadcast messages... THEN try the ads. But 1st fix a known issue

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 09:05 AM
    How does BlackBerry fix an issue that is user initiated?

Delete contacts that send broadcast messages. Problem solved.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    03-06-14 09:12 AM
    If you have someone that is broadcasting messages, just delete them, problem solved. I have about 15 people on my list and they are people I want to talk to and I haven't received a broadcast message in a couple of years.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    03-06-14 09:12 AM
    http://m.crackberry.com/bbm-ads-truth

Exactly what previous posters said. I have never once received a broadcast message. Luckily I have no friends that send them! (maybe on new years eve!)

And in your response to ads in bbm. Well I think they have found an amazing and non-intrusive way to have ads in bbm! So yeah

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 09:15 AM
    Get less annoying BBM friends. I get a broadcast message, I delete whoever sent it. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
    wyrdfool, Camelhmpz, q649 and 1 others like this.
    03-06-14 09:20 AM
    Funny everyone here thinks I'm the one deleting BBM... Not me about 10 friends.... just delete them Doesn't FIX the problem that's why BlackBerry is failing... u are the same lot of people that will say... jus sideload instagram and u have it... PEOPLE Don't want to have to Delete or sideload anything... We should have a freaking option... instead of people saying tha same thing... just delete the person sending the broadcast. that doesn't fix the issue in the long run it might just fix the issue for yourself. But people are still deleting BBM in general... we need a fix and not a shortcut

Posted via CB10
    wyrdfool and drewood66 like this.
    03-06-14 09:28 AM
    It's also people like you that call it a rant and not a problem. People like urself are the ones 2 blame.. there's never a problem. U can't please everyone.. in this case sir u actually can.. use ur head.. we just need 1 simple freaking button that says silent broadcast messages. But we have people like u guys that say a better fix would be to delete that contact.... Hate stupid CLOSED minded people

Posted via CB10
    bbq10l and drewood66 like this.
    03-06-14 10:17 AM
    BBM was dead the moment it hit the appstore and google store.

BBM on blackberry platrform is good, on other platforms it's a joke!

sorry for the ones that dont think like me
    bbq10l and LuisCast like this.
    03-06-14 10:22 AM
    What would you tell me if I came on here AND RANTED about BBM contacts SENDING ME MESSAGES!?!?! I mean, why are they sending me messages????? I hate BBM and BlackBerry for letting contacts on my BBM that I positively added and refuse to delete send me messages!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and btw, the sponsored invitations (not "sponsored messages") work nothing like broadcast messages.
    Last edited by AnimalPak200; 03-06-14 at 10:28 AM. Reason: forgot to add more exclamation marks.
    03-06-14 10:27 AM
    It's also people like you that call it a rant and not a problem. People like urself are the ones 2 blame.. there's never a problem. U can't please everyone.. in this case sir u actually can.. use ur head.. we just need 1 simple freaking button that says silent broadcast messages. But we have people like u guys that say a better fix would be to delete that contact.... Hate stupid CLOSED minded people

Posted via CB10
    Dude whatever, the ones that cannot admit that BBM cross platform launch was a failure, are closed minded!
    03-06-14 10:29 AM
    I won't lie, they should just delete the person sending the broadcast messages. At the same time, this is kinda the reason why I haven't tried to add more people to BBM and start a group. I don't believe u can silent so certain notifications. I can imagine that could get break annoying for many. I think it's definitely something they need to address

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 10:39 AM
    Please lock and delete this thread. This is going nowhere, quickly.
    03-06-14 10:42 AM
    Good bye BBM... people are deleting BBM today for 1 reason... people are getting notification that they can't silent. (NOT On BB10) people hate broadcast messages and before the team fixes the issue and gives people tha option to silence the unwanted BS...they are gonna bring more annoying notifications... BBM is officially done... thanks BlackBerry... BBM was going strong at first but like always BlackBerry takes a step back. I alone have 10 friends that downloaded it then deleted it all because they couldn't silent the BS broadcast messages and now your going to bring ads on top of it . How bout we 1st fix a huge issue... silent specific notifications and block broadcast messages... THEN try the ads. But 1st fix a known issue

Posted via CB10
    First off, its not an 'issue'. It's a feature. While you and your friends may find this annoying, there are practical uses for the broadcast feature. Especially in an enterprise setting when a company or working group within an organization wants to send messages to all users.

The only thing I agree with you on is the option to block broadcast messages. But again, like others have said, I don't understand why your friends don't just delete the users who are sending them broadcast messages? Why delete the whole app?
    mediadavid likes this.
    03-06-14 10:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    ahm.....yeah...how about them Penguins....
    03-06-14 10:53 AM
    Lol this is unbelievable and we're close minded because we don't agree with you? Great lol

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    03-06-14 10:55 AM
    Why so many phones listed Jon, seems you cant find anything that suits your needs for very long. Friends who broadcast are not friends of mine. Maybe you need a new social circle....lol
    03-06-14 11:02 AM
    I'm going to agree... I have problems connecting to people on DROID or IPhone

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 11:25 AM
    This is the same as complaining that people write crap all the time on Facebook and send you 100 invites.

You have a choice who you talk to.
    03-06-14 11:28 AM
    You have got to be kidding me....
    03-06-14 11:35 AM
    You are right
    03-06-14 11:39 AM
    I haven't received a broadcast message since my brother in law thought it would fix that one mega BBM outage a couple years ago. I have since educated him.

It would be nice to be able to silence them, yes. But it's still easy to silence them. If you get one, tell the bonehead who sent it, not to send them. If they still send them, get smarter friends.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 11:48 AM
    What's a broadcast message? Haha I think I've sent one and received 0 in 3 years

Posted Via CB10 - Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    03-06-14 11:49 AM
    To me it's pretty simple. You tell the person not to send you BC's since "I hope" that you can select the contacts to whom they wanna send it to on a iPhone or Android device since we're talking about communication

If not delete

That simple

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 11:54 AM
    Perhaps now is a good time in your life to consider your blood pressure and your health as more important than what BlackBerry has been doing or not been doing. In other words, relax. Broadcast messages from anyone other than a specific group or team is bound to be just spam messages. So those contacts that you don't talk to and just send you spam messages are spammers. Not friends or colleagues and therefore should be deleted. If your friends are too lazy to delete spammers that they accepted as contacts then it is not BBM fault. Mind you I do agree that it could be added as an option to silence them but it is not BBM fault that your contacts send you spam. They are still your contact. You accepted them. Plain and simple. Why not be more constructive and tell BBM in the Beta Zone instead of complaining to people on CB and tell your spamming friends to stop sending you junk messages and create a Channel if they want to get the word out about whatever. And calm down. Nobody is attacking you, but the way you write your posts make you sound like your ripping your hair out.
    03-06-14 11:55 AM
    What would you tell me if I came on here AND RANTED about BBM contacts SENDING ME MESSAGES!?!?! I mean, why are they sending me messages????? I hate BBM and BlackBerry for letting contacts on my BBM that I positively added and refuse to delete send me messages!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and btw, the sponsored invitations (not "sponsored messages") work nothing like broadcast messages.
    @ OP
    This guy is right

I'm a BlackBerry and BBM user since 2009 and I have 60 BBM contacts. Over the last 4 years I got like 10-20 broadcast messages in total.

Seriously, WTF is wrong with you guys. It is a missing option, yes, but it f*ing doesn't deserve a real rant at all, since it's really a tiny issue, no dealbreaker. And the very point is, like the guy above said, how can your friends hate on broadcast messages and a missing mute option that much on the one hand, and on the other hand obviously send so many broadcast messages to one another themselves if it suxx that much? I don't get how people can be that....I mean why the heck do you guys use broadcast messages that much? There are single chats and there are groups as well as Channels, which makes the broadcast message feature a very particular use case for very certain (and rare!) occassions. Guys c'mon do we really need to teach you guys how to use a messenger properly?
    03-06-14 12:01 PM
27 12