hey can anyone tell me what frequencies are used in what countries?
    i know t-mobile is using 1900mhz, but how can i find out what is used and where?
    i know that there has to be an easy way to find out but i can't find the information
    thanks
    03-22-08 03:32 PM
    In most countries, the Global System for Mobiles (GSM) is the dominant cellular (mobile) telephone technology used, usually at 900MHz, however a number of networks have added 1800MHz in recent years, to boost network capacity... Dual-band handsets are pretty much standard these days, to cover both frequencies.

In North America and Canada, 1900MHz is the dominant GSM frequency, however like with the rest of the world, a second frequency (850MHz) has been added to boost network capacity... Again, dual-band handsets are widely available to take advantage of this.

Therefore, you could say it's GSM 850/1900 for North America/Canada, and GSM 900/1800 for most of the remaining countries...

Whilst GSM is still by far the dominant cellular (mobile) telephone technology in use globally, outside of North America and Canada, most countries are in the process of or have already ditched GSM in favor of newer 3G (third-generation) networks, usually using WCDMA as the technology of choice - 2100MHz is most common, however a small number of networks use 850MHz instead (off the top-of-my-head, one network in Australia and some networks in North America/Canada).

A small number of countries (Japan and North Korea in particular) use technologies and/or frequencies not supported by the rest of the Developed World...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-08 07:20 PM
    If you're happy to read a bit, GSM World has extensive information on global cellular (mobile) telephone networks, detailing the technologies and frequencies used in almost every country (it's under their "roaming" section):
    * http:// www . gsmworld . org
    * Web Page Under Construction

If the address doesn't work, supplement "org" for com...

03-22-08 07:23 PM
    Sorry, I gave you the wrong address:
    * http:// www . gsmworld . com
    * GSM World - the website of the GSM Association

The information you want is under their "roaming" section...

03-22-08 07:25 PM
    thanks cyba cowboy
    thats great and provided all the answers i needed.
    i was kinda hoping there would be a map that would show frequency coverage in different places so i could just look
    but **** that does the job
    thank you
    03-24-08 02:34 AM
    I found coverage maps. Brain stops working after midnight lol

03-25-08 04:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD