OP, I agree that we would all be better if we just stopped attacking each other. However, I find it hard to understand why people on this website, that no longer have BlackBerry's, such as Accidental Post, repeatedly post ridiculous and annoying attacks on BlackBerry that are largely pure fantasy.

There are forums for iPhone users, and we wish them well. There are forums for android users, and we wish them well. Why don't non-BlackBerry users just stop posting on our website? Obviously you have both so I appreciate your posts but if you don't and just hate BlackBerry that is fine but just let us do our thing.

Unlike you, I have recently parted with my Droid HTC Evo 4G and now have a Bold 9930 and feel liberated by the lack of battery concerns. Even the latest and greatest droids have issues. To say that battery life is not an issue does not ring true because when my friends show me their androids, what always gets me is how many things they have to turn back on to make it really work nicely.

However, I have adopted a personal rule because I don't care for all the negative comments either (I believe you thanked me on a previous post about that). My rule is:

If people on this website don't attack BlackBerry then I don't attack their phone. Frankly, the whole thing is silly. But if people come out swinging I just give them the full truth.

The truth is that there are several very nice devices out there (and I have tried them and regularly try them out - iPhone, Droids, Palm Pre Plus) and the Bold 9930 is the best one for me. You have a device that you like. That is the best one for you.

If you are happy with your phone, then it is the right one for you. Now, lets get back to BlackBerry users helping each other learn some awesome shortcuts and tips that make their phones even more productive.

This website is, after all, called CrackBerry for a reason.
    This is something I posted in response to another member a few pages back. I think the answer is pretty much the same to you question:

Another way to look at it - say you've been an Android user since its inception, and a member of androidcentral for years. Recently, however, BB OS7 devices have really won you over, and you jump on one of those. You still check in with androidcentral because you have friends on that site and want to continue to monitor Android's progress. But, every once in awhile you'll see someone spouting off something about the new BBs that you know to be false now after using them. How would that make you feel?

I hope that makes sense .
    11-01-11 03:14 PM
    iTunes wont let me store NON iTunes purchased books on tape as Books, but only as Audio.
    Just for the record, this isn't correct. Just go to the media's "info" screen, and under the "options" tab, change "media kind" from "music" to "audiobook".

Done.
    11-01-11 04:10 PM
    I question how many of those people who own just an iPhone, don't use iTunes, that really is my primary distaste for the iPhone (apart from no keyboard, but that could probably be over come if forced.)
    I overcame my problems with iTunes. It really ended up being better than the alternatives.
    11-01-11 05:08 PM
    Just for the record, this isn't correct. Just go to the media's "info" screen, and under the "options" tab, change "media kind" from "music" to "audiobook".

Done.
    That is good info, Thank you, if I ever forced to use itunes I will do that change
    11-01-11 05:57 PM
    I overcame my problems with iTunes. It really ended up being better than the alternatives.
    I have far more issues than just that with itunes, and I have not found solutions for,

in addition to having media on many different machines, which don't need to sync together, I require drag and drop, not syncing, and document management is not an iTunes forte,
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-01-11 05:58 PM
    in addition to having media on many different machines, which don't need to sync together, I require drag and drop, not syncing, and document management is not an iTunes forte,
    Why do you require drag and drop?
    guttaperk likes this.
    11-01-11 10:27 PM
    I think Android and iPhone are the top two mobile platforms but I guess I'd say I prefer Android because you're not tied down to buying proprietary accessories like Apple makes you, don't need software to transfer files (you can actually do it right from the phone, and flash content giving you a full desktop experience.
    11-01-11 10:32 PM
    Why do you require drag and drop?
    I connect to near 100 machines a year

I have 2.2TB of Movie/Video files no amount of compression will fit that onto a 16GB MicroSD Card. so I select 1 movie to drag and drop on,
    11-01-11 10:33 PM
    I have far more issues than just that with itunes, and I have not found solutions for,

in addition to having media on many different machines, which don't need to sync together, I require drag and drop, not syncing, and document management is not an iTunes forte
    I saw your list of issues, and I'm not trying to convince you that you should use iTunes. You know your workflow better than I do.

In your position, though, after going through several other alternatives (I really liked Sharepod at the time), I ended up changing my workflow and using iTunes, and was much more satisfied for doing so.

But that really doesn't imply that you should do the same. Do what works for you.
    11-01-11 10:41 PM
    I saw your list of issues, and I'm not trying to convince you that you should use iTunes. You know your workflow better than I do.

In your position, though, after going through several other alternatives (I really liked Sharepod at the time), I ended up changing my workflow and using iTunes, and was much more satisfied for doing so.

But that really doesn't imply that you should do the same. Do what works for you.
    Lucky for ME the only thing Apple had that I wanted was Pinch Zoom, for images, once I got the BlackBerry 9800 I never touched my iPod Touch again, and now I have multiple devices with Pinch Zoom, so iTunes would be a complete waste of time for me, as I own nothing Apple, and Nothing Apple makes is compelling to me, with the exception of the MacBook Air, I just can't justify the price +600 for Windows 7. to purchase it.
    11-01-11 10:50 PM
    I connect to near 100 machines a year

I have 2.2TB of Movie/Video files no amount of compression will fit that onto a 16GB MicroSD Card. so I select 1 movie to drag and drop on,
    You wouldn't be able to put that MicroSD card in an iPhone anyway. It's quite easy to selectively transfer individual movie files to an iPhone using iTunes. I don't do it myself because I am not really into watching movies on a phone.

I don't understand the need to connect to 100 machines though. Why would you want to?
    11-02-11 10:20 AM
    Lucky for ME the only thing Apple had that I wanted was Pinch Zoom, for images, once I got the BlackBerry 9800 I never touched my iPod Touch again, and now I have multiple devices with Pinch Zoom, so iTunes would be a complete waste of time for me, as I own nothing Apple, and Nothing Apple makes is compelling to me, with the exception of the MacBook Air, I just can't justify the price +600 for Windows 7. to purchase it.
    Clearly you don't like Apple so an iPhone is not in your future.

Does MS really sell Windows 7 for $600?
    11-02-11 10:23 AM
    You wouldn't be able to put that MicroSD card in an iPhone anyway. It's quite easy to selectively transfer individual movie files to an iPhone using iTunes. I don't do it myself because I am not really into watching movies on a phone.

I don't understand the need to connect to 100 machines though. Why would you want to?
    Transfer large Powerpoint presentations, transfer Video clips, download PDF files, download Drawings, Print files in Hotels things along that nature.
    11-02-11 01:54 PM
    Clearly you don't like Apple so an iPhone is not in your future.

Does MS really sell Windows 7 for $600?
    Well it isn't as much I don't like Apple, as it is Apple has nothing to offer me for the cost associated with ownership, I would have never purchased the iPod Touch had I truly hated Apple, would Not have tried the MacBook Air to find I really like the build, but the software made me want to shoot myself in the head,
    And besides Apple, the iPhone doesn't have a Physical keyboard, that Above ALL ELSE means an iPhone will not be in my future

Windows 7 Ultimate : PC Operating Systems - Future Shop

Sorry I was thinking Office when I said $600, Windows 7 Ultimate is about $400 after taxes Professional saves about $20 bucks.
    11-02-11 01:59 PM
    Windows 7 Ultimate : PC Operating Systems - Future Shop

Sorry I was thinking Office when I said $600, Windows 7 Ultimate is about $400 after taxes Professional saves about $20 bucks.
    Expensive, Lion cost me $29.
    11-02-11 02:19 PM
    Transfer large Powerpoint presentations, transfer Video clips, download PDF files, download Drawings, Print files in Hotels things along that nature.
    I would do most of that stuff via email. I avoid printing things in general but I am not in Sales so I guess I don't have to.
    11-02-11 02:22 PM
    I would do most of that stuff via email. I avoid printing things in general but I am not in Sales so I guess I don't have to.
    VERY VERY few email applications allow 100MB file transfer

also I travel to places where dialup is still one of the only options my mobile phone has not connection a mile underground,

Or doing a transfer on a plane, there are SO many times the Internet is not available, nor is it a feasible means of transfer, as I've said in other threads, there are datacaps to consider, when I play $1/MB for data in the US, to send a 100MB file would cost $100
    11-03-11 06:51 AM
    Expensive, Lion cost me $29.
    I bet your hardware cost conderably more, AND your hardware/software vendor are the same person thus sharing the margins

My Last Intel i7 16" notebook with Windows 7 Professional installed cost $700 extra battery + 150. The Upgrade software if I have an existing license for Windows is about half of the retail value. the only time most people would have to pay full retail is if they are wanting to install Windows on a Mac.
    11-03-11 06:54 AM
    I bet your hardware cost conderably more, AND your hardware/software vendor are the same person thus sharing the margins

My Last Intel i7 16" notebook with Windows 7 Professional installed cost $700 extra battery + 150. The Upgrade software if I have an existing license for Windows is about half of the retail value. the only time most people would have to pay full retail is if they are wanting to install Windows on a Mac.
    Or on a machine they built themselves. Even the upgrade price is high though and you have all that activation BS to deal with. That $29 for Lion applies to all the machines in your household (which doesn't help me becase I only have one Mac in my household).

As for laptops, my exeriance of cheap windows laptops is they don't hold up. I used to scrap my wifes laptop every 18 months or so.
    11-03-11 07:57 AM
    Or on a machine they built themselves. Even the upgrade price is high though and you have all that activation BS to deal with. That $29 for Lion applies to all the machines in your household (which doesn't help me becase I only have one Mac in my household).

As for laptops, my exeriance of cheap windows laptops is they don't hold up. I used to scrap my wifes laptop every 18 months or so.
    my upgrade cycle is every 12-18 months, Not because I need a new one, but because my desires change, I have a fantastic 15.4" core2duo notebook it ran rock solid, but my spare car adaptor was left in a rental, so I purchased my newer Intel i7 laptop because at the same weight I got a 16" screen, and a HDMI out port. , I very much will be looking in the newyear yet again for a New Laptop, I'm thinking I might be ready to ditch the optical drive if one is available without, as long as my total costs of the notebook remains under $1000 my write off advantage on my taxes makes the laptop cost pennies on the dollar,

Just goes to show how different peoples needs, and wants can be, buying a Single $2000 notebook for 36 Months would cost me more than 3 $800 in the same time frame.

I believe(would need to test them out) that I have 6 still working laptops in the home all but 1 being a midrange cost Windows Based notebook

As for Machines built themselves, you can purchase an OEM license which is around the cost of a Upgrade license when purchasing the appropriate hardware, every time I've purchased a Motherboard, I've purchased an OEM license with it
    11-03-11 08:07 AM
    my upgrade cycle is every 12-18 months, Not because I need a new one, but because my desires change, I have a fantastic 15.4" core2duo notebook it ran rock solid, but my spare car adaptor was left in a rental, so I purchased my newer Intel i7 laptop because at the same weight I got a 16" screen, and a HDMI out port. , I very much will be looking in the newyear yet again for a New Laptop, I'm thinking I might be ready to ditch the optical drive if one is available without, as long as my total costs of the notebook remains under $1000 my write off advantage on my taxes makes the laptop cost pennies on the dollar,

Just goes to show how different peoples needs, and wants can be, buying a Single $2000 notebook for 36 Months would cost me more than 3 $800 in the same time frame.
    I have had my current i7 based iMac desktop for around 18 months. I just upgraded to Lion but feel no need to actually upgrade the hardware. It works fine. I may buy some more RAM though to speed up video rendering.

I find that an iPad suits me better than a laptop but if I did want a laptop I would be looking at the 13" Macbook Air.
    11-03-11 09:34 AM
    I have had my current i7 based iMac desktop for around 18 months. I just upgraded to Lion but feel no need to actually upgrade the hardware. It works fine. I may buy some more RAM though to speed up video rendering.

I find that an iPad suits me better than a laptop but if I did want a laptop I would be looking at the 13" Macbook Air.
    I have to agree with you there. I had to purchase an HP laptop for a course that required Windows 7 and I've had more issues with it in the 10 months I've owed it then I care to even rehash. I get a cup of coffee, check my email on iPad, and open all the windows in the house in the time it takes to turn on in the morning. I paid $700 for it in January of this year and can't get anyone to agree to more then $300 on craigslist now. Gazelle offered me $80. I've had my Macbook for almost 3 years and it's now running lion with no issues whatsoever. I'm looking to sell it to help cover the cost of a new iMac and have been offered as much as $650 for it.

Ok, I apologize for getting off topic. Guess I had a little pinned up frustration. I'll be taking that to another forum
    11-03-11 01:21 PM
147 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD