Mobile devices have so many options when it comes to retrieving your valuable information, it begs the question where do you prefer your data to be stored and access from? On the device, bridged to another device or up on in the cloud.

What is your preference for each type of data or is it all the same for to you?

Email
    Contacts
    Calendar
    Documents
    Music
    Videos
    Pictures

Is it the same for your phone and tablet? What about your laptop?
    10-15-11 09:16 PM
    As much as I hate to admit it, I am a Google app guy when it comes to "cloud" storage and sync.

I use the Gmail integrated sync for contacts and calendar on my Tour. And use Photos, Docs, etc... for everything else in the cloud. Google Docs is really pretty sweet for storing EVERYTHING. I have tried DropBox and I did like it, but Google's 5 dollar a year for 20GB is hard to beat. I just wish there was an awesome app for BB's like on an Android device, so i could have all my photos, videos, docs, etc... right on my BB and in sync all the time.

I don't care at all to have music synced or in the cloud. When i listen to music, it's usually through Pandora or Slacker.
    10-16-11 04:22 PM
    Mobile devices have so many options when it comes to retrieving your valuable information, it begs the question where do you prefer your data to be stored and access from? On the device, bridged to another device or up on in the cloud.

What is your preference for each type of data or is it all the same for to you?

Email
    Contacts
    Calendar
    Documents
    Music
    Videos
    Pictures

Is it the same for your phone and tablet? What about your laptop?
    I can't use cloud storage for my work as Data is sensitive, I however am pleased as I have never been an eggs in one basket kind of person. I am just now looking into the BlackBerry protect software which I can use to keep my phone secure without storage of sensitive data.

I believe many people buy into cloud storage and that's great for them as long as there is an alternative for folk like me as I don't (as far as I'm aware) use cloud storage for any device, I in fact bought BlackBerry for that very reason
    10-16-11 04:46 PM
    Love the Google cloud!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-11 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD